Where is the end?

Help Support CattleToday:

That was something, were other bulls bring around that or just that one?Looked like Piedmontese to me
Just looked and the high selling bull at Lexington was $1.97 and the average was $1.74 if I remember right.

The price is about meat and not fat. A heavy bull who is fat wont sell for nearly as much as a hard muscled that weighs the same.

I totally agree but this was the highest slaughter bull i ever seen sell.
Yes without a doubt. But there is a lot of meat on those bones.
I did the math on that cow I sold last week. $269 a pound on the rail. I told that to a friend who works for a feedlot. He asked how that works when fat steers are selling for about $3.00 a pound on the rail. I said people are buying more burger than steaks.

Yes without a doubt. But there is a lot of meat on those bones.
I did the math on that cow I sold last week. $269 a pound on the rail. I told that to a friend who works for a feedlot. He asked how that works when fat steers are selling for about $3.00 a pound on the rail. I said people are buying more burger than steaks.
Lots of bulls bringing more than fed steers on the hoof.

this inflation hasn't stopped at all.. and is continuing to rise.
Doesn't matter about inflation in the cattle market cycle.
It runs a ten year cycle . Prices get where they are now people get in going to get rich just like the emus. All anyone every sees is the salebarn check never the inputs to keep Belle in the pasture.
Inputs continue to rise the three F's feed, fertilizer and fuel while Belle price is falling. We then have the dump as they finally come to the realization they are losing their ass!
They spent 150K on a Deere and hay equipment to save pennies on dollar spent on taxes.
Old Belle no longer costs 2 dollars a day to stand in the pastures she is at (pick a number) 5 or 6.
And their out of here for it to all start over.
IMG_3177.jpeg

This isn't slowing down anytime soon. Prices will be high. Hay is $400 a ton in my area. There are very few cows left in my farming community, people took advantage of the prices. More people coming in the country everyday , less farming land , droughts , high feed prices, fires etc. Enjoy the prices until the government imports beef.

This isn't slowing down anytime soon. Prices will be high. Hay is $400 a ton in my area. There are very few cows left in my farming community, people took advantage of the prices. More people coming in the country everyday , less farming land , droughts , high feed prices, fires etc. Enjoy the prices until the government imports beef.
They already are importing it.
This is playing right into JBS hands.
TAMU said my kind wouldn't exist in 2035 at a workshop I attended several years back.
In my journey through this I have seen two constants.
The cattle market cycle and the management never stops changing.

I agree with they are coming for us. The previous cycles were different , we had WATER/RAIN . In NM only people with water rights can irrigate now. 4 years ago anyone with a field or pasture was able too. 10,000s of acres are no longer in production.

Seeing these prices really makes me wonder how anyone feeding-especially the lightweights-makes anything on the back end. When you can buy a bred for a little over the price of a stocker or feeder….makes me want to not have to buy anything for the next 2 years. I know I'll have to, though, if I want to have beef sales.

Attachments

• CF9A98EE-9CA7-4661-91C6-9E3646FA5C38.png
    CF9A98EE-9CA7-4661-91C6-9E3646FA5C38.png
    152.3 KB · Views: 14
Seeing these prices really makes me wonder how anyone feeding-especially the lightweights-makes anything on the back end. When you can buy a bred for a little over the price of a stocker or feeder….makes me want to not have to buy anything for the next 2 years. I know I'll have to, though, if I want to have beef sales.
Your right.
My cattle make my money on taxes saved by agg exemption or I would be out.
I can't afford the taxes otherwise, I would have too put in pine plantation or run stockers or seasonal SS heavies to maintain my exemption status.

Latest posts