where is dun?

Help Support CattleToday:

KenB":1nwvinwc said:
He must be iced in.

Have you seen the pictures of south Missouri? I think most of that area is without power due to broken limbs and lines. We escaped the worst of it here but still have solid sheet of hard packed sleet and ice.

I have this mental image of him with his arm frozen in a cow. :lol:

cfpinz

cfpinz":za4rtkhi said:

cfpinz
he was here 4 days ago.before the artic blast hitt.i bet he dont have power.an is working hisself to death.trying to stay up with his work the best he can.

hope he's alright. he is right i the middle of that mess. hate to be in his shoes. cold...icy...no power...at least in fl when the hurricanes blow us out for 3 weeks with no elec its in the summer. uncomfortable but not dangerous....

cfpinz":1okzbrjq said:

cfpinz

Quite the visual... :lol2:

I'm sure he's fine, just working himself half to death. Hope he takes care of himself...

Alice

I haven't talked to him, but being just off the I-44 corridor, they probably got hit pretty hard. If he slid off the top of that ridge, he may still be going! No matter which direction he went! :eek: :eek: :) :D :lol:

VanC":1r6oxii0 said:
I would guess his power is out or he's busy cleaning up. Maybe both. Hope things are OK.

You are probably correct! I know many in MO have no electric and many of them have phones out also. Not sure what kind of Internet service he has but if it is Satellite it could be iced over also.

I just tried calling him and got the 'all circuits are busy' recording. So I'm guessing they have a heck of a mess in that area.

He's been out of power since Sat.
The phone lines probably broke in the wind yesterday.
Along with alot more tree branches.

yep.. I am sure hes part of the "frozen tundra" area like alot of us have been experiencing. Its not a good situation..

This is why it is important to have a lap top with good battery and a wireless connection. Otherwise you might end up disconnected from Cattle Today Message board. Just part of the ever growing list of necessities for the Cattleman. :lol:

aplusmnt":2bub61j0 said:
This is why it is important to have a lap top with good battery and a wireless connection. Otherwise you might end up disconnected from Cattle Today Message board. Just part of the ever growing list of necessities for the Cattleman. :lol:

Do you use a cell phone for your wireless connection?

KenB":1bm4zyse said:
aplusmnt":1bm4zyse said:

Do you use a cell phone for your wireless connection?

I still use dial up, just joking about the importance of dun staying connected

I got ahold of Dun late this afternoon. He and his wife are fine no major damage to the farm or cattle, just lots and lots of down limbs and no power. He seemed to think that it might be several more days before they get their power back. He said today was sunny and melted about half the ice off of things but their area also has snow in the forecast for this weekend. He said to tell everyone hi and he'll be back just as soon as he can.
dd

Latest posts