Where do you get your drugs?

Help Support CattleToday:

Jeanne - Simme Valley said:
That brings up a different subject. Can any of you buy needles & syringes without any kind of permit??
When I first moved here, in order to buy them I had to apply for a farm permit. Might be something that is way outdated or just NY specific. As it turns out, needles & syringes are an item I purchase bulk for our membership thru a company in VA.
no permit needed here at least for ordering on line or as singles at the feed store, but I can remember trying to get a single syringe no needle once at a pharmacy one time (to force feed a sick bird) and they were all paranoid about it.

TCRanch said:
Wanted to add to my original post. RX doesn't apply but I buy a lot of things like LA300, Cydectin, Sustain, calving supplies (replacer, lube, etc), electrolytes, basic necessities from a local CoOp. Usually they're a little more than purchasing online or at a farm store but not a significant amount and I want to support our community. Plus the convenience is worth it and you don't get better customer service.

I have ordered needles/syringes, miscellaneous supplies from PBS and they do have fast shipments. Plus they mail out a big fat catalogue every couple months, which I enjoy perusing.
We use the local coop often, better prices on mower blades, etc. Some stuff is higher, but not always.