Where can I find educational material for judging cattle?

Help Support CattleToday:

BARNSCOOP

Reaction score
I would like to purchase educational material that will help me learn Phenotypes, frame scores, conformation faults, etc. Please let me know if you have a good source. Thanks, Sonya

P.S. Doc Harris.....any advise?

I don't know if CEV has come out with any more videos or not, but the ones we have at school are VERY old, bad video and do nothing as far as teaching is concerned (just classes with results). Dr. Schaake has a pretty good handbook out if you can find it. That combined with his judging camp at K-State is a big part of what got out high school team to a national contest this year. Of course there is always the internet, but I think you'll find out the information your looking for won't be found in one place. Also bookmark pages you find interesting and helpful. I wish I'd learned to do that a LONG time ago.

You might check different university websites. CSU has a bunch of example classes. I think the university of kentucky (or louisville or something i dont know) has a step be step page. I can't think of anymore off the top of my head, but they're out there.

This is a good site but you have to pay to join
http://judging101.com/

whoops just saw that chippie posted judging101 as well. Maybe I should start reading all the posts before I comment. :oops: Oh well it is a good site!