Where can I find a Chianina Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Not telliong you how to run your operation. But WHY would you want a Chi bull when there are so many other breeds to use with a much bigger selection. Why do you think they are almost obselete?
> I am looking for a Chianina Bull
> to cross with our Black Angus
> herd. If you have any info on
> where I can find one, Please let
> me know.

> me know.

Depends on if you are looking for an old school fullblood or a modern chi-angus. I doubt you could find a high percentage Chianina today. If you want a "shot" of chi, Iowa beef Expo has a sale. These are mostly clubby bred bulls, but may be what you are looking for.

[email protected]

if you are looking for size in your crossbreed you could try Romagnola or Marchigiana they are also Italians and have better carcasses than Chianina, just a suggestion.

If Chianina is you choice check with the American Chianina Association if they will have a sale soon.

Phone (816) 431-2808

> me know.

[email protected]

> <A HREF="http://www.bullshop.com" TARGET="_blank">www.bullshop.com</A> has all kinds of farms advertising their cattle.

Neighbor had some Chi bulls, they were the most wild breed of cattle i've ever seen, all legs no rib. Why would you wanna ruin a good set of angus cows with a Chi bull anyway, go get a good Hereford bull with the carcass traits you are looking for and stay English.

[email protected]

friend of mine had a chi bul once too, 1600 kgs of well developed muscle over a nice set of strong leggs. they're not bad cattle, but do you want if you breed al the meat off them just so they would be black?

[email protected]