• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Where can I find a Chianina Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I am looking for a Chianina Bull to cross with our Black Angus herd. If you have any info on where I can find one, Please let me know.

[email protected]

OP
A

Anonymous

Not telliong you how to run your operation. But WHY would you want a Chi bull when there are so many other breeds to use with a much bigger selection. Why do you think they are almost obselete?
> I am looking for a Chianina Bull
> to cross with our Black Angus
> herd. If you have any info on
> where I can find one, Please let
> me know.

OP
A

Anonymous

> me know.

Depends on if you are looking for an old school fullblood or a modern chi-angus. I doubt you could find a high percentage Chianina today. If you want a "shot" of chi, Iowa beef Expo has a sale. These are mostly clubby bred bulls, but may be what you are looking for.

[email protected]

OP
A

Anonymous

if you are looking for size in your crossbreed you could try Romagnola or Marchigiana they are also Italians and have better carcasses than Chianina, just a suggestion.

If Chianina is you choice check with the American Chianina Association if they will have a sale soon.

Phone (816) 431-2808

> me know.

[email protected]

OP
A

Anonymous

> <A HREF="http://www.bullshop.com" TARGET="_blank">www.bullshop.com</A> has all kinds of farms advertising their cattle.

OP
A

Anonymous

Neighbor had some Chi bulls, they were the most wild breed of cattle i've ever seen, all legs no rib. Why would you wanna ruin a good set of angus cows with a Chi bull anyway, go get a good Hereford bull with the carcass traits you are looking for and stay English.

[email protected]

OP
A

Anonymous

friend of mine had a chi bul once too, 1600 kgs of well developed muscle over a nice set of strong leggs. they're not bad cattle, but do you want if you breed al the meat off them just so they would be black?

[email protected]

Latest posts