where and what brand of tractor tire

Help Support CattleToday:

cowperson

Reaction score
Need new front tires for a 4 wheel drive tractor. Where besides the coop can you buy tractor tires and what brand? Will be doing some traveling on blacktop when hauling in hay and taking hay out. Tractor has a front loader. My location is Tn. Thanks

I will admit that in Tennessee the Coop may have the biggest market for tractor tires. That being said most tire stores like Firestone, Goodyear and other chains may carry tractor tires. I would prefer to buy from one that sold and installed but installing tractor tires may not always be offered. Some would sell the tire and let you carry to an independant installer and others may sell the tire and have a contract installer put it on for you. I would guess you just have to call around and see. Look for someone that has a service truck and will come to you, rather than you having to bring tractor to them. May cost extra but is likely worth it. Good Luck!
Phil in Tupelo

I've had pretty good luck buyin' tires from my local Farm Bureau dealer. They always seem to have the tire I need (size) and they install them on the rims. On the other side of the coin I bought a set of front tires for my 1486 and had more flats than I care to remember. Every time I ran across a mowed cenna (sp) beans the stubble would punch a hole in one of the tires. I changed out a few years ago and haven't had one flat since.

Firestone is the only way to go. Don't buy cheap tires, you'll be buying them again in a couple of years.

I bought 2 firestones from the coop about 325 each.
One split within 6 months coop would not warranty it.
Now I have 2 Akuret cheap china indie tires they havent split and cost 110 each.

Latest posts