Reaction score
P1000175.jpg

P1000195.jpg

P1000180.jpg

P1000205.jpg

P1000201.jpg

P1000241.jpg

P1000229.jpg

flaboy, you're talking about Tybee Island. This is Jekyll Island. Love that place. Go there every Labor Day. Didn't see any nudes but did get a glimpse of a couple of girls wearing thong bikinis.

ga. prime":geok2598 said:
flaboy, you're talking about Tybee Island. This is Jekyll Island. Love that place. Go there every Labor Day. Didn't see any nudes but did get a glimpse of a couple of girls wearing thong bikinis.

Nothing wrong with seeing girls in thong's, I mean the beach! :lol2:

ga. prime":3kbsefww said:

And we get pictures of tree roots?

ga. prime":3l8hr3xq said:
Im kinda fond of that place myself... trying to think of that seafood place around there. is it williams? and old block building might have been an ol' school house ...... worst night i spent was on tybee hated that place .

AL, there was a place between Savannah and Tybee called Williams Seafood that was very good. It burned down. Don't know if it ever got rebuilt.

john, if only I had had my camera when I saw the thong models.

I was going to guess Jekyll cause of the live oaks but I figured most of the islands had these. What threw me was the walkway. Never seen that of course its been quite a while since I was last there. Last time I was there they had Country by the Sea. Faith Hill was there (15 years ago ?) . She was wonderful.

Jogeephus":3ovgvtzg said:
I was going to guess Jekyll cause of the live oaks but I figured most of the islands had these. What threw me was the walkway. Never seen that of course its been quite a while since I was last there. Last time I was there they had Country by the Sea. Faith Hill was there (15 years ago ?) . She was wonderful.
Jo, that walkway is a bike path that goes all the way around the perimiter of the island along with two or three paths that cross the island. It's fantastic. You can rent a bike for $8 for half a day. Jekyll is by law mostly undeveloped and never crowded.

Is that the Holiday Inn? The pic of the hallway looks like you are looking toward the pool area. I always liked the trees behind the H inn. Gave it a special feeling.

I lived in Brunswick for three months and got to know the area pretty good. Williams was a good seafood place but there was another "dump" looking place a few miles north of Brunswick down a dirt road that was really good. They didn't cater to tourists only locals.

North of there was another island that had a bunch of cattle on it. Probably ruined now but I thought it was neat to see cows walking on the beach. Definitely no fence problems if you own an island. ;-)

That's the Oceanside. Landscaping's better at The Holiday Inn but the rooms are bigger at Oceanside. Changes its name every two or three years. It's original name was The Wanderer and it remained that for a lot of years. The Wanderer was named after the last known slave ship to bring slaves to the United States. It brought a load in 1858 to Jekyll Island, some 50 years after slave importation was outlawed.

we went south to the okefenokee then traveled up the coast too savanna. beautiful trip. just wished id stayed on jekyll island, longer.. went to andersonville prison, but you have to understand what happened there to want stop.and to get anything out of it

I visited Andersonville I guess 15-20 yrs ago on a trip back from Auburn on a Sunday afternoon. I want to go back. Take my children. AL, I'm glad you mentioned Andersonville. I'll plan to go during the Christmas break when they're all home from school.

it was nothing like i thought, if i had'nt watched the movie and read some on it. i could'nt visualise how it was set up. even down to the six union soldiers buried seperate from the others.

I went to Andersonville several years ago. I liked it. Really enjoyed the bookstore as well. Had a wonderful book on the soldiers who earned the Medal of Honor. Had each person's story. I regret not buying it.

Latest posts