When you die . . . what about your parts/burial?

Help Support CattleToday:

Kathie in Thorp

Reaction score
I know, that sounds really strange, but some of us are getting older. Have been through this with family. I don't have anything written about what happens to my remains. On my driver's license, they can take any inside parts they want, but I want my outside parts kept with me. I can be buried or burned/scattered -- whatever is okay w/ my husband and my daughter and my dad. I have a beautiful urn box an uncle (now gone) made for someone a few years back, and it was extra, and he sent it to me because I'd admired others he'd done. So, there is that, if I go in the ground in ashes. Whatever. There are no health issues with me, so this is not like a "dooms day" question. I'm not suicidal and you have no worries. But, I'm just wondering, if you've talked about this with your family members, and how you approached it, or how you would discuss it ??

The wife and I have it in our wills to be cremated. Ashes can be handled however the living person wishes.

My dad remarried after mom died and the lady was a mess. He requested to come to my house with hospice and live out his final days here. She was a stroke victim and her mind was not right lots of the time. Before Dad's last days he requested to be cremated and she was sitting there when when he said it. When it came time to make arrangements she (as his wife) had to sign the cremation papers. She had no remembrance of the cremation conversation and almost didn't sign it. The wife and I decided to get our wishes documented after that near fiasco.

I'm weird on the parts thing. I feel like I want what God gave to me and only that. It doesn't feel right to me to mix and match parts. I understand why others do it and I'm okay with that, but it's not for me.
For burial, I'm hoping there's nothing left to bury When the time comes. A cow can disappear on my place in about three days. I figure I would take about half that long. I would prefer that it not be pigs but otherwise I'm not picky about being picked. :D
If that doesn't happen then I'd want to be cremated and spread off of one particular ridge line where I know I'd be in good company to watch the girls in bikinis down on the lake.

I don't really care what is done with my empty shell of a body--I'd have my survivors disk it up and plow it under if allowed by law. In 2-3 generations (my children, grandchildren, great grandchildren) no one will even care nor long remember I ever existed anyway.

Now, a slight departure......
Oddly enough, this subject came up on a different forum a few days ago--in regards to ashes of the deceased.

A link was posted but I really can't post it here because it kinda has some political overtones, but I can post the text.

Now we can create a custom cremation urn for ashes in the image of your loved one or favorite celebrity or hero. When it comes to cremation urns, there are countless styles to choose from. You can select a lovely wooden box that would look stunning on the mantle, or you can opt for traditional metal urns. However, there is another option available that you might not be aware of. With personal urns, you can have a lifelike bust of your loved one that doubles as an urn for the ashes. For people with longer hair we will use a wig to match. Shorter hair can be made as part of the urn itself. A solid brass nameplate is available. We are sorry, but we cannot make personal urns for pets.

The urns are created using the latest technology to create a perfect likeness of the deceased. Using pictures and special facial recognition software we can transform your favorite two-dimensional image into a three-dimensional sculpture that captures the finest details. They only need one or two photos to create the likeness, and it can even erase blemishes so they will look their best for all eternity. You will never again have to worry that you might forget what your loved one looked like when you invest in one of these custom made very lifelike cremation urns.

blondieurnsm.jpg

brunetteurnssm.jpg

And, it gets even 'stranger'. One can select an "action figure" urn with the deceased's facial likeness on it, 12" tall with pose-able arms and legs.
Really...a true-to-life, 12" posable cremation urn action figure with your loved one's likeness! A new and unique way to immortalize the person you've lost. These cremation urn keepsake fiqures hold a small amount of ashes inside a sealed chamber within the head.

How it's Done
These unique custom keepsake urns can be completed with just one or two photos of your loved one. The face is reconstructed using state of the art 3-D facial recognition software. The keepsake urn is a traditional movable action fiqure comprised polymeres and a hard resin head and in 24-bit color. Following state-of-the-art manufacturing technologies, we are able to create urn keepsakes that will last a lifetime. Most people get the sculpted hair, which is part of the head itself. We also offer an optional lifelike custom wig for people who prefer a real hair look or need longer hair that can not be sculpted. These unique cremation urns can be delivered to your doorstep in just two weeks.

Simply email us one or two high resolution photos that clearly shows the face of the person you would like immortalized and we will match color and sculpted hair as close as possible. One good frontal photo will work but including a profile photo will make the likeness even more accurate. We will email you a 3-D image of what the fiqure will look like for your final approval. Once you approve the fiqure will be created and we do not offer any refunds on our custom made cremation urns.

After you place your order, we will send you a kit to collect and send about a teaspoon of the ashes to us for placement within the figure. The keepsake urn fiqure will arrive with the ashes sealed inside and will be dressed in the outfit you select.

You may also select to get a keepsake fiqure that does not hold any ashes.

Each figure comes with a display stand for posing.

RobertPattinson101.jpg

1470.jpg

The link to this part I can post:
http://www.cremationsolutions.com/c107/ ... p1376.html

Kinda strange huh?

I have my license marked to be an organ donor also. I don't see any reason not to. If they can help someone else that's a good thing. It's not like I'll need them any more.

And I'll be buried at my church cemetery, with my father, grandparents, and great grandparents.

Greybeard, I don't want to be re-made as a Barbie Doll or anything like that. Just as I'm getting older, and have not really had a discussion with the fam . . . . I need to. I already said what I said about what I don't want. When I'm gone, I'm gone. CP . . . not sure how you'd get used up in a couple of days w/out pigs unless you just rot where you fell off a horse. That wouldn't be good for your fam. You must have something else in mind.

I had a nephew that was murdered, hacked up and partially incinerated. They finished the job in a real crematorium. I commited his ashes to the deep half way between Manchester and Blake Island in Puget sound. I was the only family member with a boat at the time. 15 years later my oldest brother commited my other brother (the nephews dad) to the deep at the same place as. If my wife is still alive she knows to have my ashes committed at the same place. If she isn;t alive they are to be scattered on any lake or stream in Missouri. I'm a donor but they would have to be pretty hard up to want any of my worn out parts.

Wow, Dun. When the time comes, if there is a family member that can facilitate getting your ashes this far, I can put you where you want to be. Ain't that far.

Family plot in the church cemetery. I would also like a national day of mourning, but I may not get that.

Everyone in this family is the burn-and-toss type. No need to pay for expensive funerals or plots. Me personally, I want my ashes dumped in the fertilizer cart when it's speading in the spring - might as well be of some value to the land.

dun":13d7dfh7 said:
I had a nephew that was murdered, hacked up and partially incinerated. They finished the job in a real crematorium. I commited his ashes to the deep half way between Manchester and Blake Island in Puget sound. I was the only family member with a boat at the time. 15 years later my oldest brother commited my other brother (the nephews dad) to the deep at the same place as. If my wife is still alive she knows to have my ashes committed at the same place. If she isn;t alive they are to be scattered on any lake or stream in Missouri. I'm a donor but they would have to be pretty hard up to want any of my worn out parts.

I hope I don't have to, but I'm 1 mile from the Manchester boat launch Dun and I could certainly make it work. I've been camping on Blake Island for 40 + years.

Personally, sprinkle some of me offshore on the Halibut grounds, a little of me up the trail in the Bitterroot mtn and deep in the Olympics .

Most my people know!

Wow GB those heads and action figures are pretty crazy, I have never seen those before.

I don't really care what my daughter does with my remains. I told her to do the cheapest thing possible. I feel when I am gone, I'm gone. (I believe cremation is still the best value.)
I also offer my parts up if anyone can use them. The way I see it once they are no good to me, why not help some one else with them.

Honestly, I am more concerned about how I will die. :?

Named'em Tamed'em":1ne0edlc said:
dun":1ne0edlc said:

I hope I don't have to, but I'm 1 mile from the Manchester boat launch Dun and I could certainly make it work. I've been camping on Blake Island for 40 + years.

Personally, sprinkle some of me offshore on the Halibut grounds, a little of me up the trail in the Bitterroot mtn and deep in the Olympics .

Most my people know!
Named 'Em and Dun -- If this happened, I'd want to be there. Just say'in . . . .

I'm quite a bit older than my wife and a WHOLE lot more miles on me. I thought about having my ashes put in one of those with a facial facsimile of ol greybeard if they can do some electronics magic and make 'my' eyes follow people as they walk across the room. :lol2: :lol2:

I hope to be cremated and spread across our farm. We had a celebration of life for my Mom and that was a good thing for my Dad. Whatever my family wants is fine with me.

When my time comes I want to be cremated and spread on top of Hump Mountain. The hump is 5587 feet with the summit covered in balds. I grew up looking at the hump first thing every morning at my parents house, and now I see it every morning from my house. I have been up there several times and the view is amazing. The treeless balds let you see for miles in every direction. I could not think of a much better location for my final resting place .

hillbilly beef man":2epcxhae said:
When my time comes I want to be cremated and spread on top of Hump Mountain. The hump is 5587 feet with the summit covered in balds. I grew up looking at the hump first thing every morning at my parents house, and now I see it every morning from my house. I have been up there several times and the view is amazing. The treeless balds let you see for miles in every direction. I could not think of a much better location for my final resting place .
Got a picture? Sounds nice!

Kingfisher":3nn0h73i said:
hillbilly beef man":3nn0h73i said:
Got a picture? Sounds nice!
I took some pictures the last time my wife and I hiked up there,but cannot find it right now. I'll get you one from my back porch tomorrow is the rain will let up enough to see it.

Latest posts