When ya don't have your camera

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
We have five pretty large tanks on the place here and a white sandhill crane has taking up permenant residence. He fishes all five ponds.
I was running the brush hog knosking the tops off the weeds and he was fishing the tank I was mowing around.He (or she) is solid white.I'll bet he made ten trips around the pond walking slowly.
Then all at once he was walking at a pretty good clip and I saw another crane on the other side.
It was a sorta dark grey.I stopped the tractor to see what was gonna happen when he got to the other side.Now that was the first time in my life I got to witness to sandhill cranes fighting.
And I mean they we're serious.Better than any rooster fight I've been too. It went on for about twenty five minutes and finaly the grey one had enough and flew off.

Cal

Calman":31em8odf said:
We have five pretty large tanks on the place here and a white sandhill crane has taking up permenant residence. He fishes all five ponds.
I was running the brush hog knosking the tops off the weeds and he was fishing the tank I was mowing around.He (or she) is solid white.I'll bet he made ten trips around the pond walking slowly.
Then all at once he was walking at a pretty good clip and I saw another crane on the other side.
It was a sorta dark grey.I stopped the tractor to see what was gonna happen when he got to the other side.Now that was the first time in my life I got to witness to sandhill cranes fighting.
And I mean they we're serious.Better than any rooster fight I've been too. It went on for about twenty five minutes and finaly the grey one had enough and flew off.

Cal
here every bodys been worried about where youve been,, and what your doing.... and this is it :cowboy:

Cal[/quote] here every bodys been worried about where youve been,, and what your doing.... and this is it :cowboy:[/quote]

Yeah I know AC.Just don't seem right does it?

Cal