When will she calve game....

Help Support CattleToday:

Hey Hoss, if the calf is born on Nov 5 at 6:00PM, does that me AND Crowder get a prize each or are we going to have to flip a coin to see who gets it? I don't think a mug or shirt splits well.

Duck

Tealduck":a5pcrl1u said:
Hey Hoss, if the calf is born on Nov 5 at 6:00PM, does that me AND Crowder get a prize each or are we going to have to flip a coin to see who gets it? I don't think a mug or shirt splits well.

Duck

Tealduck, if by the REMOTE chance that there is a tie I will send two prizes. If I cannot afford two t-shirts or mugs.......which half do you prefer? :lol:

Crowderfarms":1oxbf8on said:
11-05-06 6 PM. The haul bill from your place to mine aint that far. Heck I'll just come pick her up. :lol:

Couldn't part with this heifer right now. She is one of my favorites. We'll see how she does with her first calf. If she's a bust I'll call you :lol:

Hoss, I was just going on with you. I don't care if I get a prize or not, I just want to be right! :D Slim as the chance maybe.

BUT if I had to split the prize, I want the top half of the shirt or the bottom half of the mug. ;-)

Duck

I sure hope it's by friday. I am leaving to go deer hunting for one week on Friday evening. She looks like she could go anytime...........but you never know.

Nov 12th...she looks like an afternoon/evening calver only because our lim/cross were last spring. IMO the sweethearts like her calve during daylight.
Her udder is starting nicely so I give her a week based on that. Her vulva is quite pronounced and that makes me reconsider but I've seen floppy cows that didn't calve for weeks. That discharge shortens the guess a bit too. Couldn't tell how sunken she is between the pins and the tailhead so this makes me think that she'll hold off for awhile.
I'll stick with my guess.
No idea as to gender....this spring was 75% heifers so I'll go with that.
Nov 12th...3:00 PM...heifer calf...68 lbs.

And that's my guess...Dave Mc

Susie David":1jk1ohfs said:
Nov 12th...she looks like an afternoon/evening calver only because our lim/cross were last spring. IMO the sweethearts like her calve during daylight.
Her udder is starting nicely so I give her a week based on that. Her vulva is quite pronounced and that makes me reconsider but I've seen floppy cows that didn't calve for weeks. That discharge shortens the guess a bit too. Couldn't tell how sunken she is between the pins and the tailhead so this makes me think that she'll hold off for awhile.
I'll stick with my guess.
No idea as to gender....this spring was 75% heifers so I'll go with that.
Nov 12th...3:00 PM...heifer calf...68 lbs.

And that's my guess...Dave Mc

Dave, I really like your reply. You spelled out nicely why you came to the guess that you made. I sure hope it's earlier but you never can tell. I checked her last night and her udder is even more pronounced and she is the floppiest in the rear that I have seen.

I have a few others going to calve also but I used her for this game as she looks more "ready" than the rest.

These will be the first calves out of my new bull so I am excited to see the results.

Latest posts