When to pull bull...

Help Support CattleToday:

Carnivore

Reaction score
From interacting with a heifer who has just calved? In other words, when will a cow who has just calved end up being bred if you just let the bull run with the cow?

Carnivore":3gb3t83h said:
From interacting with a heifer who has just calved? In other words, when will a cow who has just calved end up being bred if you just let the bull run with the cow?
the cow will come in heat when its time for her tobe bred.dont matter if she has been calved 30 or 60 days.

A month would be the longest I would leave the bull in with the cows after calving. The really fertile ones could sure start coming into heat by then.

There is so many variables that decides when the cows will start cycling again that it is impossible to give you any reliable timeframe.

the shortest after calving I've seen a cow settle is 17 days, (also trying to get a few more days grazing out of a pasture and thinking I'll be safe for the first 3 weeks). I've seen a few around 30 days, but most won't settle on the first heat after calving. The second and third heats are usually more fertile.

Cows typically start cycling around 35 -45 days post calving.

Latest posts