When to have the CT Family Reunion...

Help Support CattleToday:

When is the best month for you IF you would come to the 1st CT Family Reunion?

• April

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • May

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • June

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • July

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • August

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • September

Votes: 17 32.1%
  • October

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • November

Votes: 4 7.5%

• Total voters

Wisteria Farms

Reaction score
Hey all...Please only answer this if you might consider comming to a CT gathering...I'm trying to get an idea of when is the best time to have it...
For those of you needing to know the "Where"...we are very near to St. Louis, Missouri (pretty much smack dab in the center of the United States).
Thanks!

One more thing... if there's anything you think would be a BLAST to do at the "family reunion" let me know...
Right now I'm thinking a "Best Beef" contest... everyone bring 5 of your best steaks...we'll cook'em, cut'em into bite size pieces and let people vote...Winner gets a nice trophy donated by Cattle Today???hint hint hint...
We can do the Cattlemen's Ball... Country music, dancing....
We can do a big Chuckwagon Breakfast...bacon, eggs, hasbrowns cooked outdoors over the firepit....
oooo....I'm getting excited!!!

Cowman...
Give it some time...you never know how it could change as I don't think too many people have had the chance to see it yet...

Only 864 miles one way. Sounds like a plan! October or November would be ok. Years work would be at a close and it wouldn't be snowing too seriously for us in the North to make our way down. :cowboy:

Sep/Oct when the tempatures cool abit, but before day light savings time ends.

I voted Sept. as the end of Sept./ beginning of Oct. is best for us. More than likely we will fly down as I don't think we can get away for that long to take the RV. It is a long way to your place Wisteria from Alberta ..

If it is just me then as long as it isn't during calving season I am good to go.. :)

You guys don't know me very good cuz' I don't post a lot, but I hit CT every day to see what you have to say. Being self employed, I could come anytime. However, work is a considersation. Probably, I will plan to come and then won't. I would guess that Dec. or Jan. would be best for me, cuz' I calve in Feb. My cows are my passion and plumbing is my job. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't talk cows. gs

Wisteria, you should have had the option of "as soon as I win the national lottery" as well. Seriously though if I could afford to come anytime from late Feb to May and again September and October could have worked for me.

KNERSIE":38mblzm9 said:
Wisteria, you should have had the option of "as soon as I win the national lottery" as well. Seriously though if I could afford to come anytime from late Feb to May and again September and October could have worked for me.
Knersie...(and all), I understand that for a lot of people this is out of the question and I'm truly sorry as I hate knowing there will be people who WANT to do it and just cant. But for those of you who CAN...I'm thrilled to try to make it as fun and memorable as I can...

We've driven a long, long way to pick up cattle and I know people that travel the show circuit don't think twice about taking road trips so even if I only have 5 that can come, I'm going to do it!!!

I just talked to Mr. HD about it and if it is the end of Sept/beginning of Oct. he said that we can go ..He also wants to fly down ,rent a car and then take in a Cup race as well whether it be Kansas or Talladega again..( I knew that would be the first thing that he would insist on.. :lol2: )

We figure it will be cheaper to fly than to drive with the RV..

If he can't make it then still count me in . I better get going on my passport..

Knersie I was just saying to my husband that I doubt you and your lovely wife will make it, but don't count us out for showing up in your neck of the woods sometime as that is still a dream of ours to visit your beautiful country . I would love to tour some of the wineries .. :)

This sounds like a great idea... :wave:

Who else is really interested in doing this ? I know it is a long time away but a lot of planning needs to go into this ,especially since we are from so many different states and provinces..

Knersie I was just saying to my husband that I doubt you and your lovely wife will make it, but don't count us out for showing up in your neck of the woods sometime as that is still a dream of ours to visit your beautiful country . I would love to tour some of the wineries ..

You know you're welcome, just let me know when. Did I mention that I live in the heart of the wine region?

PS you better brush up on your Dutch ;-)

Sounds like it could be fun. Havng it in Missouri would also mean we could slip over to Dun's place for some late night cow-tipping right?! I doubt I could make it cause I'm sorta bound to the 70 mile rule here. Never have any problems with the cows unless I get over 70 miles from the house then they seem to get the hankering to walk to town. :mad:

cowman30":yuwyshsb said:
I sure as heck wouldnt drive to yank ville to have it.
Um, excuse me?....Yank ville? The point of the whole thing is visiting with people that you talk to ALL THE TIME online...if that's the way you feel, then STAY HOME...! :tiphat:

plumber_greg":2qrzz7n4 said:
You guys don't know me very good cuz' I don't post a lot, but I hit CT every day to see what you have to say. Being self employed, I could come anytime. However, work is a considersation. Probably, I will plan to come and then won't. I would guess that Dec. or Jan. would be best for me, cuz' I calve in Feb. My cows are my passion and plumbing is my job. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't talk cows. gs

Plumber Greg...you CANT be that close and NOT come!!!!!

Sounds like fun. Seeing as how I don't have any "busy season" anymore, and I'm probably only about 3 hours away, any time of year is good for me. When you set a date, I'll know more.

At the moment its looking like September....I'll look at my calendar as I think we have a wedding SOMETIME in September of 2010 and I'll try to pin down a date for everyone...

Anyone that would be flying in would fly into St. Louis Lambert Airport.

Hillsdown..check into those cup races your hubby was talking about and see if any date in September is better than others so that you can accomplish all that while you're here in the United States...Kansas City is about a 4 1/2 hr. drive from St. Louis (just so you know)...and if you're looking into hotels in Kansas City, we stayed at one that was AWESOME. It is in St. James, MO (just outside Kansas City) and called Stoney Creek Inn...all the rooms are themed (pretty cool). :)

are you meaning this September 2009 or next September 2010.....as I haven't thought about holidays this year, or next. seems like plan to come over to the States again, but need to know pretty quick so as to get flights and accomodation set up.

Chrisy,

It would be September of 2010...HD and I both have busy years this year and we figured making it for 2010 would give anyone that really wanted to come, ample time to plan ahead. I am ECSTATIC that you would consider comming!! As I said earlier, I'm going to get the actual date pinned down here pretty quick (will try to figure it out tonight) so that people have something to go on for their planning. Its also going to take a lot of planning on my part as well so it'll give me extra time too to really get a lot of neat things planned. If I can help you in any way plan for other things to do while you're in the States, let me know...I'll be happy to help. Right now I'm thinking people could arrive on a Friday but the actual party would be all day on a Saturday with bonfire/music/dancing on Saturday night. We'll do a big outdoor breakfast on Sunday and then people can leave as they need to.

Anyway, glad to hear you're thinking about it!! :clap:

Latest posts