When is the best time of Ag Lime?

Help Support CattleToday:

coon hunter

Reaction score
Thought I would ask, when is the best time of year to put out lime? I'm going to rent a Lime buggy because I have been on the Lime list for about a year now. The buggy will hold I think two tons. Thanks in advance.

Thought I would ask, when is the best time of year to put out lime? I'm going to rent a Lime buggy because I have been on the Lime list for about a year now. The buggy will hold I think two tons. Thanks in advance.
Anytime is ok but fall is perfect.
May I ask why you had to wait a year? We can get it loaded every day.

Best time is whenever you can get it spread. Takes a while for it to work. Got to work around weather, mud and getting stuck, getting delivery and a spreader, and other constraints. If you wait for a perfect time, it is likely to end up later than needed or planned.

Good question, why is everything unavailable? Really don't know but there is none to be had within 200 miles of here.
It is plentiful here. T
Wonder how many million tons are just laying there as waste? It has a better buffering test than the quarries over here also.
I had a picture once of the valleys that are full of it in Grainger County. I will see if I can find it.

It's been very dry here and I have rye grass coming up but it's small dew to the dry ground. Will the lime have any bad affects on the rye that is short and small ?