When I die

Help Support CattleToday:

Frankie

Reaction score
and go to Heaven, I'm going to ask the Man-In-Charge why he invented skunks. Yuk.

Or Woman-In Charge, if that's the case. :)

Skeeters is what I want to know about.
Didj'a have a run in with a black-n-white kitty??? :lol2:

Don't feel bad Frankie, years ago my dog pointed one in very tall grass and I stepped in to flush it. :shock:

Not a good outcome, believe me. :help:

Frankie":sacvhfyc said:
and go to Heaven, I'm going to ask the Man-In-Charge why he invented skunks. Yuk.

At least they are black, CAB maybe.

curtis":1y1xdrh5 said:
Frankie":1y1xdrh5 said:

At least they are black, CAB maybe.

Might just be upset cause they got a little white on them. ;-) :lol2:

Taking the risk of filling the "you might be a redneck" criteria, I'll confess that my mom has a pet skunk. A friend had killed the momma, then found the kits and felt sorry for them and tried to find them homes. It is de-scented and neutered, doesn't have much personality but it's a pretty thing - fluffy and shiny. Lives in a dog kennel in the back yard, they often let it out and it likes to be held and petted. If any of its wild brethren come around and bother the chickens they still get lead poisening.

peg4x4":1w6w6a14 said:
Skeeters is what I want to know about.
Didj'a have a run in with a black-n-white kitty??? :lol2:

Yep. Noticed the smell first thing in the morning at the barn. But figured (hoped) one was passing through and the new barn cats had spooked him. The smell wasn't overpowering. But after lunch we went to move some bags of stove pellets on a wooden pallet and found that the skunk had made himself at home under that pallet. Yikes. I poked him with a very long pole, hoping he'd run out the barn door and we wouldn't have to shoot him inside the barn, but no such luck. He didn't budge. So he died, but the stink he left in that confined area just took your breath away. :(

I guess as it's getting cooler, they're looking for some place to nest up for the winter. We need to check our well house for sure.

Yep. Noticed the smell first thing in the morning at the barn. But figured (hoped) one was passing through and the new barn cats had spooked him. The smell wasn't overpowering. But after lunch we went to move some bags of stove pellets on a wooden pallet and found that the skunk had made himself at home under that pallet. Yikes. I poked him with a very long pole, hoping he'd run out the barn door and we wouldn't have to shoot him inside the barn, but no such luck. He didn't budge. So he died, but the stink he left in that confined area just took your breath away. :(

I guess as it's getting cooler, they're looking for some place to nest up for the winter. We need to check our well house for sure.[/quote]

Frankie when I lived up in Oklahoma I had several skunks around.
An old farm lady once told me to put out moth balls to get rid of them.
It really works got rid of several that took up homesteading under my house.
Been using them ever since.

Cal

It seems that we have them most in the fall. One year we shot eight of them in just a few weeks. But some years we don't see any. They get in the hay barn, under the scales, stacks of wooden pallents, have even been in the well house. When our Lab died we went several years without a dog; maybe having a dog helps.

Frankie":3nm6vmb9 said:
So he died, but the stink he left in that confined area just took your breath away. :(

:lol2: :lol2: Yes, that smell does tend to hang around for a very long time! We were loading irrigation pipe summer before last, and discovered a momma skunk and her 2 babies had taken up residence in said pipe. They were very tenacious little twerps, as well! By the time it was all over they decided to move on to better housing, but that area stunk for weeks! A momma fox and her kits moved into the same pipe pile last winter, so we didn't have to deal with the skunks this spring. :D Despite the smell, I don't think there are very many things cuter than a momma skunk trucking along with her babies all in a row behind her! :lol: :lol:

When I was young we had a pet skunk also."Buster" was a fine pet,never desented,never sprayed,tho he did do a handstahd or two.. we had him about a year before he dissappered..

When i die im gonna have to ask "The Man" Why he would make me bald and give me such big ears? I honestly think hes got something against me. LMAO

I might ask him about the ears and nose of an elephant.

Ryder":3bqv965l said:
LazyARanch":3bqv965l said:
I'm gonna ask the Lord what mosquitos are good for!!! (besides bat/bird food!!) :lol2:
They ae good for frogs to eat.Frogs are fine creatures.

Yes, I can find a use for most critters, even mosquitos and roaches, but most animals won't even eat a dead skunk. The dog loves to roll in a dead one, of course. :(

Beckett":3m4qhy66 said:
When i die im gonna have to ask "The Man" Why he would make me bald and give me such big ears? I honestly think hes got something against me. LMAO

I might ask him about the ears and nose of an elephant.

Ask why the momma elephant's udder is between her front legs. That's just weird.

Frankie":1ursymcu said:
Ryder":1ursymcu said:
LazyARanch":1ursymcu said:
I'm gonna ask the Lord what mosquitos are good for!!! (besides bat/bird food!!) :lol2:
They ae good for frogs to eat.Frogs are fine creatures.

Yes, I can find a use for most critters, even mosquitos and roaches, but most animals won't even eat a dead skunk. The dog loves to roll in a dead one, of course. :(

Kill a skunk with the disc mower and the buzzards will be there before you make another round. Seems to be a special treat for them.

Frankie":flxvt6mr said:
Ask why the momma elephant's udder is between her front legs. That's just weird.
Actually, elephants do not have udders, they have breasts.

FarmGirl10":1fa0klk9 said:
Frankie":1fa0klk9 said:
Actually, elephants do not have udders, they have breasts.
FG, you beat me to it regarding the udder vs breast.... elephants are wonderful creatures.

Latest posts