wheel loaders

Help Support CattleToday:

D.R. Cattle

Reaction score
Any you guys spend any time with front end loaders? Thinking about messing around with some land clearing ventures down here. Spent several days on rented machines but not a guru by any means, but I've spent 1000's of hours on forklifts which are very similar. They were JD544's, and I was quite fond of them. Same size machine in CAT would be about 938 I suppose. Have no feedback on the JAP models like Komatsu. Any opinions/suggestions?

Although I'm not "a guy".. we have a loader and dozer. Hubby builds tanks and clears land / fencelines here in his "spare time". We've got a Cat 955 loader that's really handy, and a 16B Fiat dozer.

If you're going to be in rough ground or a lot of mesquite, track is the only way to go! Tires for wheel loaders are $$. Like anything else, you need to get a machine and spend some hours on it to get good at it. It's actually fun!

D.R. - Have you considered a used skidder. If you are just using it for pushing brush, you could put a rake on the front and do a pretty good job and I'm sure it would be cheaper than a loader because not as many people have a use for them. If you're wanting to use the bucket for dirt work, then your stuck needing a loader. However, I think the skidder would be superior to a dozer for some pushing jobs around the place because it's lots faster.

Latest posts