Wheat

Help Support CattleToday:

DSCN0720.JPG

DSCN0721.JPG

Here's an update on the double crop beans. Dodged the frost bullet the other night.

Larry

bigbull338":2qq1s69n said:
thats a goodlooking bean crop.looks like theyll make alot of beans.

I've got my fingers crossed bigbull, but I ain't gonna make out the deposit slip yet :lol2: .

Larry

Be a shame to get them that far just to have them frozen off. How much longer is it going to take to get to harvest?

larryshoat":lqlx5uh5 said:
bigbull338":lqlx5uh5 said:

I've got my fingers crossed bigbull, but I ain't gonna make out the deposit slip yet :lol2: .

Larry

How much longer will they be susceptible to frost or freeze damage Larry??

TexasBred":21zm4mw8 said:
larryshoat":21zm4mw8 said:
bigbull338":21zm4mw8 said:

Larry

How much longer will they be susceptible to frost or freeze damage Larry??

Another week would make a big difference. We had a very light frost last week, but it didn't seem to hurt them too bad. These beans are changing a lot just in a days time.

Larry

Hold your breath and say a prayer. Just read where frost and possible freeze was in the forecast up north this week.

TexasBred":2eu1gzrd said:
Hold your breath and say a prayer. Just read where frost and possible freeze was in the forecast up north this week.
How far up north? Their calling for freeze here sunday night

dun":3lfbmqqv said:
TexasBred":3lfbmqqv said:
How far up north? Their calling for freeze here sunday night

Just says "Midwest" but guess that could be anything north of the Red River. Has run corn and bean prices up over 25 cents a bushel since yesterday morning.

Well I'm pretty far north but they are talking teens for lows this weekend so our growing season is essentially over.

They're calling for 36 here saturday, we're about halfway between Cincinnati and I 70. I've noticed that the folks that live only 20 miles north of us don't have much luck on double crop beans.

Larry

Latest posts