Wheat hit $20.00 a bu

Help Support CattleToday:

I didn't ask what he had, so I don't know what his protein is or if it was spring or winter wheat. Look at the futures.

March 08 Spring wheat closed at $16.73 yesterday up the $.60 cent trading limit again. It will likely continue to lock limit up until it catches the cash market in northern MN and ND.

Well they set the trading limit at $.90 today guess what Locked limit up at $17.63. Those traders hate it when the farmer is seeing more profit then they are.

larryshoat":qozj47sa said:
That CBOT price for wheat is Soft Red Winter wheat, which is what we grow here . Thats why we are hearing such a price difference we are talking about different kinds of wheat .

Larry
I don't think that is right Larry. I'm sure there is more than one grade that can be delivered under the CBOT wheat contract.

somn":1zd7mpt4 said:
larryshoat":1zd7mpt4 said:
That CBOT price for wheat is Soft Red Winter wheat, which is what we grow here . Thats why we are hearing such a price difference we are talking about different kinds of wheat .

Larry
I don't think that is right Larry. I'm sure there is more than one grade that can be delivered under the CBOT wheat contract.
That could be I don't know for sure but, our soft red winter wheat is priced off that CBOT price .

Larry

Mar 08 wheat locked limit up $.90 again yesterday closing at $18.53. May 08 also locked limit up $.90 yesterday closing at $15.25. They moved the daily trading limit to $1.35 also for todays trade.

You're going to see wall to wall wheat seeded up in this country this spring...Anything thats been broke up...The oilseeds folks have been around trying to get folks to seed camelina- even offering a $10 an acre guaranteed up front cash payment for every acre seeded to it....Budweiser boys been running around trying to get people to seed and contract with them for malting barley.....

Not surprised OT. Watched some neighbor seeding clear up into the middle of October. :roll: No idea if that will come up or not. Some they seeded wheat on wheat on blocks that just got harvested of wheat. Going to wait and see what happens.
We keep getting calls from the camelina folks asking us to seed it in our barley strips. we don't have the time to deal with it so we've told them no several times. You would think after 5 calls they would get the hint.

Well it seems they have found a zone in which they can finally trade wheat at closed yesterday at $19.35 up $.82. But atleast it isn't locked limit up.

Some of the worlds economists are now saying that with the lower devaluing of the dollar- and what they believe will be much more devaluation with our economy sinking further- combined with the raised incomes of many overseas (China, India, Asia, etc) populations with the US shifting all its manufacturing and production to those areas- they have developed a taste for wheat products and beef products- and there may be a large shortage of both by this summer/fall....
The UN (which I trust as far as I can throw :roll: ) is predicting a large worldwide shortage of protein food products this year....
I just hope the way this economy has been handled- it isn't the US populace that are the ones that are unable to afford the food.... :( :mad:

Latest posts