What's your plans for meals/finger food for Superbowl?

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
I'm looking to do some finger food type eats for my wife and I on Sunday. Thinking hot wings, veggie plate with dip, maybe some onion rings although they aren't that good when they get cold. As a kid my mom always made my dad a plate of hor d'oeuvres, she had the deli slice hard salami maybe 1/8 thick then she quartered the slices, fitted the quarters with a some sharp cheddar and put either a green or black olive on top. All held together with a toothpick, she was a great mom, she would stash 4 or 5 away for us kids.... Just typing that out confirmed they are on Sunday's menu.

What's your plans or suggestions ....... And recipes :mrgreen: I need a recipe for hot wings, but keep in mind I'm getting too old to have a hot wing and have to chase it with ice cream. :lol: :lol:

I always make hot wings and have a veggie plate too. My wife sometimes makes artichoke dip or spinach dip and it's pretty delicious. The way I do wings is fry them. Don't put any kind of flour or anything on them. Cut them into pieces at the joints and fry in 350 degree oil until they get a good brown crust on them. The best sauce I've found is Hooters. They sell it in pint jars at the grocery store. Comes in hot or mild.

Just a shameless bump, hoping for more ideas. I will be in town tonight and will check for the hooters sauce, sounds good.

Go Hawks!

I can't have anything to eat or drink after 4pm on Sunday as I have a bone scan and ultra sound on Monday. So I am not sure what I will be making, but I do know that it won't be any of MY favorites. ;-) :lol:

Hills, please know my prayers will be with you during and after your test on Monday. Good luck!

Alan

hillsdown":3plccg01 said:
I can't have anything to eat or drink after 4pm on Sunday as I have a bone scan and ultra sound on Monday. So I am not sure what I will be making, but I do know that it won't be any of MY favorites. ;-) :lol:

You have to get yourself ready and get to the Drs without any coffee Monday am? That's just downright mean!

Hoping the tests aren't too unpleasant and you get optimal results!

We are actually doing one last Christmas get-together with my mom and cousins on Sunday, bad weather and travel and other things kept putting it off since late December. Pizza, not sure what else, I was requested to bring a dessert so making an apple cake.

Thanks Mo and Alan! Sorry to take a way from the thread.

I think I am going to make this but add some horseradish and siracha, serve with fried naan bread and crostini's.. :D

Creamy Crawfish Dip

Makes 2 cups

4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
1 bunch green onions (white parts only), chopped
1 small red bell pepper, chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened and cubed
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 teaspoon creole seasoning, such as Tony Chachere's
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or more to taste
1 (12-ounce) package crawfish crawfish tail meat, thawed and drained
Kosher salt, to taste
Crusty bread and Louisiana-style hot sauce, for serving

In a medium skillet, melt the butter over moderate heat. Add onions and bell pepper and cook until softened, about 8 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for another minute.

Stir in the cream cheese, mayonnaise, creole seasoning, and cayenne; whisk until smooth. Reduce heat to low. Add the crawfish tail meat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Season with salt to taste. Serve immediately with toasted bread slices and hot sauce. Garnish with the green tops of the onions, if desired.

Hills that looks great! I would love to try it, but I don't remember seeing crawfish (crawdads out here) in stores. Plus they are mostly a summer camping adventure with the kids, you can get 30 or 40 with others helping on a good, hot day. But I bet lobster or cocktail shrimp would be great! Looks delicious.

Sim! Haven't ever licked you fingers or sucked your thumb? :lol: :hide: :hide:

That looks really good! Ok Lachs if smoked salmon for the aseahawks clam chowder or lobster for Patriots fans and tacos for Arizona!

I can't decide what I want Wings sound good Pizza sounds good Nachos sound good. Suppose to rain and be nasty Sunday if not a good rare steak on the grill might would win out.

im making my layered dip I only make for the super bowl. Its pretty simple.
hot pork sausage - Ground beef - Diced tomatoes - cream cheese - TONS of cheese - Refried beans - Taco seasoning

We have tapas for dinners occasionally.

These little sandwiches are very good when made with King Hawaiian Dinner Rolls.

1081745.jpg

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/baked-ham-and-cheese-party-sandwiches/

Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers wrapped in puff pastry. Slice fresh jalapenos in half lengthwise. Remove seeds and such. Stuff with a mixture of cream cheese, shredded Mexican Blend or Cheddar Cheese, and cooked bacon crumbled or diced in small pieces. Wrap each half with puff pastry (found in the frozen food section near the pie crusts) and bake at 350 until golden brown. About 10 to 15 minutes (I think). don't buy the puff pastry shells, you want the sheet.

Anaheim peppers are good fixed this way too.

That looks good Chippie! :D

Can't go wrong with a layered dip Sky :tiphat:

We are having the dip but I am going to grill some prawns for it instead and I will make a platter of nacho's too.

I would also be happy with a good pizza Waco:wave:

It is snowing like a beast here now so tomorrow I am making a big pot of New England clam chowder. All of our snow was gone :cry2:

chippie":ysh6ba9x said:
We have tapas for dinners occasionally.

These little sandwiches are very good when made with King Hawaiian Dinner Rolls.

1081745.jpg

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/baked-ham-and-cheese-party-sandwiches/

Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers wrapped in puff pastry. Slice fresh jalapenos in half lengthwise. Remove seeds and such. Stuff with a mixture of cream cheese, shredded Mexican Blend or Cheddar Cheese, and cooked bacon crumbled or diced in small pieces. Wrap each half with puff pastry (found in the frozen food section near the pie crusts) and bake at 350 until golden brown. About 10 to 15 minutes (I think). don't buy the puff pastry shells, you want the sheet.

Anaheim peppers are good fixed this way too.

Wow, those look great! Thanks for sharing, I love the quick and easy things like that! It's in my must try file ........ and I serious have a must try file, I just need to look at it more. :oops:

Latest posts