What's Your Favorite Country/Western Movie?

Help Support CattleToday:

The Searchers.

Three Godfathers, the one with John Wayne

Unforgiven.

john250":1fbnr4ti said:
I don't watch many movies. And not a lot of Western (Cowboy) movies.
But, for reasons I cannot explain, I have seen "Cat Ballou" a half dozen times.

That is one of my ex husband's favorite movies, as well. Do you like Paint Your Wagon, too? Clint Eastwood singing??? Lee Marvin singing???????

Lonesome Dove

8-Seconds

Cowboy way

Cowboy Up

Tombstone

Pure Country

Country

I don't have one favorite. Just a bunch of random ones. They are all good!!

Lammie":zllpjovu said:
john250":zllpjovu said:
I don't watch many movies. And not a lot of Western (Cowboy) movies.
But, for reasons I cannot explain, I have seen "Cat Ballou" a half dozen times.

That is one of my ex husband's favorite movies, as well. Do you like Paint Your Wagon, too? Clint Eastwood singing??? Lee Marvin singing???????

I think I saw "Paint Your Wagon", perhaps at a dinner theatre. I really don't remember. Clint Eastwood and Lee Marvin sing? That's chancy.
Lee Marvin in Cat Ballou is priceless. And it is funny. I like comedy.

Lets see.....

Fist Full of Dollars
For a Few Dollars More
The Good the Bad and the Ugly
Outlaw Josie Whales
Once Upon A Time in the West

"Buzzards got to eat, same as worms", I love that line.

I like all of the newer ones with Tom Selleck like Quigley Down Under. 3:10 to Yuma was ok. All John Wayne movies are calssics and always good. Not a movie but Bonanza is a lcassic Western show.

The Searchers
Rio Grande
Red River
She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
All of these and more John Wayne
Also The Outlaw Josie Wales
True Grit, Shane, Red River & Unforgiven have the best climaxs ever. I watch all of these every time I see them.

I've started putting together a DVD collection of westerns. They're not that expensive and I watch them over and over. Beats the trash on TV. I think my all time favorite is The Cowboys. I like most all of John Waynes movies - especially the ones where he plays a rancher.

I ran across a couple good ones.

The Man From Snowy River

Return of the Man From Snowy River

See the first one first. Lots of excellent scenery and horsemanship. Not to mention it has wimmins, cattle, guns, etc.

8 seconds , Butch and Sundance, and the man from snowy river.... These are my all time greats!!! :cboy:

CattleHand":2lylvmj1 said:
I haven't seen to many that I can remember the names to. 3:10 to Yuma was pretty good (of course not the best) and was wondering what you guys (in your infinite knowledge :D ) thought was the best country or western movie?

Blazing Saddles................ ;-)

some favorites..
westerns:
the appalosa..
shane...
the quick and the dead...
butch cassidy and sundance kid...
the man who shot liberty valance..

grapes of wrath...
sling blade..
oh brother where art thou...

I like about all western movies.I prefer movies with a lot of action. But I don't think there was any funnier movie made than Cowboy Way. I really enjoyed that movie.

Cal

Latest posts