What's your current oldest cow?

Help Support CattleToday:

Farm Fence Solutions":3qd207hx said:
Until about 18 months ago, they were symmetrical. The left side just keeps dropping.
I guess she's gettin to that age where "things start to sag"? Lol

Farm Fence Solutions":22k28mkd said:

Mid 20's. No shyt.

Fellow I know had a bull like that. He had to turn his head sideways to graze and he still had a flat spot on the down horn from it rubbing the ground. He sold the head and leather for a grand and ground up the rest.

elkwc":1hochrmr said:
Would like to have a pasture full like the top cow.

Thanks - she has been a good cow. Here she is last summer with her heifer calf (who we kept, of course):
IMG_2843sm.jpg

The last year and a half or so her back legs are kind of wearing out I think. Her rear pasterns are going down and her back feet aren't wearing as they should. Up until she was 16 she was dead sound. Walked her 8 miles home 2 falls ago and she didn't miss a beat.
When we first got her she was a scratcher. Had been halter broke & shown in her younger days. For a few years after we got her you could walk up and give her a pet and then just all of a sudden one day she decided she was not going to let any human touch her.

creekdrive":3kbm7di3 said:
elkwc":3kbm7di3 said:

Thanks - she has been a good cow. Here she is last summer with her heifer calf (who we kept, of course):
IMG_2843sm.jpg

The last year and a half or so her back legs are kind of wearing out I think. Her rear pasterns are going down and her back feet aren't wearing as they should. Up until she was 16 she was dead sound. Walked her 8 miles home 2 falls ago and she didn't miss a beat.
When we first got her she was a scratcher. Had been halter broke & shown in her younger days. For a few years after we got her you could walk up and give her a pet and then just all of a sudden one day she decided she was not going to let any human touch her.

There is not anything not to like about that cow. To me she is even more impressive in this pic. How have her heifers performed. I like the pic of the heifer last year. A person wants to keep all the females like that they can. Any idea on breeding?

creekdrive":1a0msiih said:
elkwc":1a0msiih said:

IMG_2843sm.jpg

I really like that heifer calf.