whats your choice of bull and why??

Help Support CattleToday:

kaykay":2s1j2jp8 said:
Sounds like Black Power must get a kick from putting others down. I agree with Running Arrow Bill on the CORRECT spelling of ignoarant!!!! Some people think they KNOW IT ALL, and really know very little! An act of kindness will get you alot further than slapping somebody down.....everybody was a BEGINNER at one time or another. What does he know about Simmental anyway, has HE ever had experience with them??????
[/quote]

I have an 8th grader at school who wears a t-shirt with this saying on it: Those of you who think you know everything, really annoy those of us who actually do!

Fit2btied........thanks for sharing that phrase with us.....I think it fits this case nicely.

Those of you who think you know everything, really annoy those of us who actually do!

Ok...I'll bite!

Simmentals have in the past been known to throw big calves, however, over the past 10 years or so breeders have been producing a much more moderate framed animal.. primarily to better "fit the box".

If you find a reputable breeder, you're not likely to have calving problems with a low birth weight Simmental bull. Personally I think a Simmental would be a great choice on those Brangus / Angus cows. They come in black as well. :D

greenwillowherefords":3vt32cei said:
I still think that an English breed bull is going to be the best carcass choice, no offense to any who disagree.

willow I have to agree with you 100% :) :)

I run a brangus bull on one set of cows (crossbred) there are blacks, reds tigerstripes, yellow and white. The couple of tigerstripes I have are the only ones with excessive ear. On another set of cows (Longhorns) I run a Charlaise bull.

kaykay":rbvs9r3c said:
We have been leaning toward hereford since my vet told us you just cant beat hereford or angus. We are having heavy birthweights and wanted others opinions on what is their choice. Temperment also plays a BIG part to us,we dont want a fence jumper either. Sounds like the hereford has the same temperment as the Simmental and that is what we are looking for. What is the temperment of angus bulls?? I know not all will be the same.

Any breeds can have their fence jumpers...just some breeds have more fence jumpers than others like Chinana or Limousins! I would agree and go with Herefords....they do have good temperaments... I don't trust blk angus bulls because there is too many variations in BW. Hereford bulls tend to throw more stable BW. Stay clear of Simmies since they do tend to throw big calves (never use one on heifers!). If you want to be absoulety sure you get low BW try Longhorns or Beefalo.... Beefalo comes in polls and do have very low BW! Matter of opinions.... See M? I do know cattle!