Whats wrong with Simmental cattle?

Help Support CattleToday:

The only thing I don't like Simmentals is the newly improved black simmentals. But I don't see any deals with simmentals in here...

Taurus":1f6y9mdq said:
The only thing I don't like Simmentals is the newly improved black simmentals. But I don't see any deals with simmentals in here...
`cause their ugly and stupid like angus, the old red ones are ok.

Simmental7":2y294i53 said:
I was reading through these deals and i was wondering why everybody bashes simmental?

if you get into flecks they are (to me) perfect exept for huge birthweights and high feed bill but there is very little hybrid vigor w/ PBs because of the high percentage of angus in them

hypo-chrisy":3q9uqe5a said:
Taurus":3q9uqe5a said:
I don't say anything about ugly and stupid. I just don't like popular breeds went black and I thinks they should keep their traditional colors....I kinda liked have cows of different colors. I prefer the traditional Black Angus over of any Angus copies.

hypo-chrisy":3gy8n2qa said:
Taurus":3gy8n2qa said:
Yep the black ones are plan ugly and stupid, and that's just because they are part angus...just like herefords are ugly and stupid because they are....um?....herefords? :roll:

Now fire away at me, i've been threw it more then once for my opinion. :tiphat:

I dont have a problem with simmental, other than they dont have to be 100% to registered. Thats typically my issue with a lot of breeds. I saw a simmental in my sire catalog that was sired by Mytty In Focus (Registered Black Angus), and to me its no longer a purebred at that point.

And no hybrid vigor bc it has angus? Some of the best breeds out there have angus in them!! Most people forget that angus made their cattle what they are! If you raise brangus, maines, simis, or limis, and a couple more, YOU SHOULD BE THANKING THE ANGUS BREED!

And as sim-ang.king said, fire away! Ill defend that argument anyday! Until your breed has as many registered cattle on the books as the angus breed does, you should just hush. They didnt get where they are by being poor cattle. And if they are so poor, why are they bred into your breed?

And im not trying to tick anyone off, or convert anyone for that matter, just exercising my right to state my opinion.

Rito N Bar
RitoNBar.jpg

RR Rito 707
RRRito707_med.jpg

Ankonian Dynamo
ankonian_dynamo.jpg

You would have a very very hard time convincing me those are purebred angus

limftw":269pvtc3 said:
Rito N Bar
RitoNBar.jpg

RR Rito 707
RRRito707_med.jpg

Ankonian Dynamo
ankonian_dynamo.jpg

Well if they aren't purebred then that proves adding simmy to angus is a good idea. :lol2: ;-)

I always wonder where red angus come from? Maybe simmental, or red poll?
Or where did the white stripe down some hereford's back come from?
How about a Black lim?
A black Chi?
It came apparent to me that a lot of breeds don't stay true, and that people must of done this for some reason. Couldn't be because they wanted to make something good, better could it?

red angus came from several hundred years ago when angus werent big enough to be used as oxen so they were bred to english longhorns but with the enterbreeding of these came the rd cattle. there were also a good amount of blacks that carried the red gene

limftw":1qo39b4g said:
Rito N Bar
RitoNBar.jpg

RR Rito 707
RRRito707_med.jpg

Ankonian Dynamo
ankonian_dynamo.jpg

Neither are Black Herefords, Black Charolais, Black Gelbviehs, Chiangus, Brangus, Black Simmental, Black Maine-Anjou, Black Limiousin...even Holsteins and American Wagyu.....all of them have Angus genetics.

Cross breeder #1":3jqyinvo said:
red angus came from several hundred years ago when angus werent big enough to be used as oxen so they were bred to english longhorns but with the enterbreeding of these came the rd cattle. there were also a good amount of blacks that carried the red gene
Thanks I always wondered about where it came from.

Im not saying that there arent some folks that weasel outside breeds into angus. Of course that happens. It happens in everything in life!! But at least the angus breed requires them to be 100%. Yeah some break the rules... But were not like most breed that dont even say it has to be 100% to begin with!! Like a maine! It has to be what? 50% to be registered maine. Something like that. Thats not even a purebred anymore!
If you read my post youll see that i agree no breed is perfect. But to totally bash a breed that is at the top is kind of ignorant I think. But hey, who am i to say anything. You raise your cattle, ill raise mine.

What's an angus supposed to look like?? Cows evolved 10 times faster than humans, look how big humans have got in the last generation.

Anguscattle":1luzmgkp said:
And no hybrid vigor bc it has angus? Some of the best breeds out there have angus in them!! Most people forget that angus made their cattle what they are! If you raise brangus, maines, simis, or limis, and a couple more, YOU SHOULD BE THANKING THE ANGUS BREED!

And as sim-ang.king said, fire away! Ill defend that argument anyday! Until your breed has as many registered cattle on the books as the angus breed does, you should just hush. They didnt get where they are by being poor cattle. And if they are so poor, why are they bred into your breed?

And im not trying to tick anyone off, or convert anyone for that matter, just exercising my right to state my opinion.
Absolutely appropriate to state your opinion. Nobody has to agree tho and quite a few won't just for the he!! of it. ;-) :lol2:

Latest posts