Whats up with this?

Help Support CattleToday:

sizmic

Reaction score

Any insight would be appreciated. It's never been sick nor does it seem to get infected. I'm not sure if all the parts are there.
Born 2-6-09.

Sizmic

sizmic":389eekk2 said:
Any insight would be appreciated. It's never been sick nor does it seem to get infected. I'm not sure if all the parts are there.
Born 2-6-09.

Sizmic

:shock: :shock:

Perhaps a malformed heifer? Or another hermaphrodite to add to the earlier pots/topic of hermaphroditism?

When it urinates where does the urine come from? Behind or underneath?

Katherine

It has at least one pea in the pod, I didn't go fishing for the other one, I was worried I might contaminate it. I think I saw the back of its legs wet once but I have never seen it pee.

Sizmic

Has it been like that from day one ?

More info please, like where does it end and is it raw or fleshy etc...Very odd.. :?

I've never seen anything like that! Looks like someone was going to do surgery and sliced him open. Probably the best thing to do would be to get ahold of him and check it out closely or maybe have the vet take a look. Has it always been that way? Looks like it could get infected very easily :? I agree with Katherine that it might be some sort of hermaphrodite or related issue. Hope you figure it out.

The "split" goes all the way from butt to navel.

Sizmic

If that was my calf I would call Dr. U and send him a pic and find out if he has ever seen anything like it before, if he had no idea I guarantee he would drop by to take a look when he is in the area..

That is very odd and you will get diddly for it if you are planning to sell it with that visible, call your vet and see what they think (it is usually a free call)..

Keep us posted if and when you find out,,very odd indeed.. :?

very interesting. Does he/she act like it hurts? running/playing like normal? in the picture it looks like it licking it like a wound. My first thought was it looks like the calf straddled a wire fence...???? is it open? deep? bleeding? puss/discharge? you should catch the calf and take a close look.

Diagnosis, hypospadia. Basically something didn't grow right.

Sizmic

if you type it in on Google Images look at the 1st pic it looks like the same exact thing

Latest posts