What's up with the garden?????

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie

Reaction score
I planted stuff ages ago and it is just now coming up. Planted blackeyed peas and something came up in those rows, in rows, but it wasn't black eye peas. It was a weed, as a matter of fact. Planted the green beans twice now and are just starting to see them popping out. Everything is just so slow this year.

I took up the weed rows and planted cantelopes. I know, I can't spell that...

I know I planted black eyes! What happened? Aliens? I know what a black eye pea seed looks like... :mad:

hmmm...hard to say but the ground might just now be getting really warm enough around the clock for germination.

I had a hard time getting stuff to come up this year to. I think TexBred is probably right. I ended up planting a lot of things twice but on the second planting I planted very shallow and things popped up faster. I guessing soil temp was reason. But with global warming you wouldn't think this would be the case. :???:

I think that everything has just about washed away here. Another one of those proverbial floods yesterday evening. More coming again this evening!

grannysoo":225lmcor said:
I think that everything has just about washed away here. Another one of those proverbial floods yesterday evening. More coming again this evening!

We got it too. In the gap, I fertilized one hayfield. An hour later I got a downpour. Its raining again now. I'm really not used to this much water.

I don't know what I did, but it's the ugliest garden I've ever grown.

Jogeephus":w92g0wz9 said:
grannysoo":w92g0wz9 said:

We got it too. In the gap, I fertilized one hayfield. An hour later I got a downpour. Its raining again now. I'm really not used to this much water.

We had a couple of highways that had water running over them. I talked to my dad this morning and asked if he had ever seen such, and he has not. The fields are so wet and saturated that the water just runs off of them now. I've got a hayfield over at my brothers that is ready to cut and bale, but it will probably be at least a month before it's dry enough.

I fertilized two more fields today. Guys at the fertilzier place said it was slow for them since they couldn't get in the fields. I'm not going to complain a bit about the water cause the cows are happy and are no longer bawling for a green pasture.

Another tomarp looks like it's on the way out..guess it is a tobaco mozac vires.thingie-everybody comes by smoking and then have to touch the plants...can't move plants away,no sun........ oh well,I'm only playing,don't NEED the vegies..and it's something to think about

Lammie":eyuba9ji said:
I don't know what I did, but it's the ugliest garden I've ever grown.

I was going to post the very same thing. I don't have a thing in my garden to brag about this year.
Lammie we can take a E for effort. Good luck maybe our thumbs will turn green soon

Here's to hoping. As it is I'm ashamed to have anyone look at it.

peg4x4":2i16a493 said:
Another tomarp looks like it's on the way out..guess it is a tobaco mozac vires.thingie-everybody comes by smoking and then have to touch the plants...can't move plants away,no sun........ oh well,I'm only playing,don't NEED the vegies..and it's something to think about

Peg, didn't you plant eggplant too? Its a host for the tobacco virus. It also could be spotted wilt virus. Both are bad news for tomatoes. Until I figured out how bad a problem we had with these viruses and learned to use the resistant varities mine tomatoes would drop like flies. Very discouraging.

Here is a link that will help key out some diseases. Maybe this will help in the future so you'll know what's bugging them in your area.

http://www.ext.colostate.edu/PUBS/Garden/02949.html

Neighbors up the road, who usually have a beautiful garden, are having extreme problems this year. Most everything they planted came up OK, but after a couple weeks, all the leaves started turning white and then yelow. Almost everything died.

I kind of suspect Grazon-itis, but they don't think so.............

This year, their garden looks a lot like mine usually does.

Sounds like it. Picloram can hang around for a good while. Another thing it could be is iron chlorosis. This will happen if your ph is high and you have a lot of rainfall. Somehow this will tie up the iron and not make it available to the plants. It can be cured with a foliar treatment of iron chelate. Of course this doesn't explain the white - unless this was a mold of some sort.

Latest posts