What's this rifle worth

Help Support CattleToday:

callmefence

Keyboard cowboy
Reaction score
Bought this rifle new about 15 years ago. Using in it in a trade for a boat. Remington 700 stainless. 7mm stw. Engraving on reciever. Muzzle brake. 4x16 Nikon scope on Redfield mounts. I think I paid about 750.00 for the rifle.
And 500.00 on scope and mounts.

Can anyone help me put a current value on it?

True Grit Farms":2bdayz07 said:
It's worth more than a boat. Everyone knows the definition of a boat.

Yeah I've owned several. Sold my triton bass boat about a year ago. Biggest mistake I ever made was buying that thing. :lol2:
I've got more deer rifles than one man should have. I think i can get this little boat without letting go of anything I'll ever miss.
What's it worth grit.?

7mm is not that popular for resale in this area. Plus being in a light synthetic stock is probably hard on the shoulder.

You would be lucky to get $500 if you move it at all. I've seen them just sit. If you like the gun any at all just keep it.

The STW is a niche cartridge. Good ballistics, but hard to find, expensive ammo. You don't see many of them, but you also don't see many people looking for one. The dbm hurts the value, they were problematic and didn't last long.

It's a bit hard to guess, but I'd say $750 would move fairly quickly, holding out for a particular buyer might get to $1K.

bball":1qrsag46 said:
dun":1qrsag46 said:
This should give you a ballpark. Rememebr that used optics are about 1/2 of new
http://www.gunbroker.com/Firearms/BI.as ... +stainless

dun, can you explain why this is the case? Thanks
Never have figured it out. Since most optics don;t sell at full MSRP if you shop, they're just always heavily discounted when used. Kind of just a ROT. If it's a really unusual but in demand scope that is hard to com by the price holds up a little better.

I never was much for buying used period unless it was a model I wanted that was hard to find, or was a really good deal.
Still there a lot of people that like to horse trade.
Problem with today's market a lot are the spray and pray crowd see a lot more of that type of rifle in the gun store today. Our local store dang near has a wall of traded 30-06 round is just not popular any more.

Caustic Burno":1lnp1p81 said:
I never was much for buying used period unless it was a model I wanted that was hard to find, or was a really good deal.
Still there a lot of people that like to horse trade.
Problem with today's market a lot are the spray and pray crowd see a lot more of that type of rifle in the gun store today. Our local store dang near has a wall of traded 30-06 round is just not popular any more.

It is with me got 3 of em. The 243 has become my favorite deer rifle though.
The stw is a real tack driver. Ammunition is almost impossible to find. And around 3.00 per round when you do.
I'm starting to think I'm gonna let it go, but keep the scope

People don't buy used rifles like Remington 700s and pay much. It has to be around the $500 mark. Any more than that and you can throw a couple hundred bucks on and get it brand new. Also with all the ammo shortage stuff people want common cartridges they can buy off the shelf.... .243, .270, .308

I buy Remington 700s or lever guns in .243 or 30-30 all day long for the right price. Most of them have junk scopes. The people always want 50 or 100 for the scope. Naw, you can take it off and keep it. Every so often I throw a pile of Bushnells or Simmons in the trash. Rather just have open sights. Ill mount a Leupold when the money becomes available. Leupold is one of the few scopes that some what holds its value and adds value to the guy. Its well known and if it is messed up, even if you buy it used, send it in and they will fix it no questions asked. Not saying its the best, but the used market will to pay for a gun with a leupold scope. You and I can put identical guns for sale, you can have a $1000 bushnell and I can have a $500 leupold, same price, and the gun with the leopold will sell first, every time.

callmefence":hkomzu45 said:
:cowboy: Staying on the same thread...Same trade.
What's a 3 deer hunt worth. Does and spikes only.

I charge my guys $500 each. I have the same guys every year, and now their bringing the kids and grandkids. I really don't want anyone hunting anymore besides family and friends, but they've kinda turned into friends. I've run all the A holes off and won't let them hunt. I hate being the A hole but some hunters are really tough to deal with.

Brute 23":1bbay40o said:
People don't buy used rifles like Remington 700s and pay much. It has to be around the $500 mark. Any more than that and you can throw a couple hundred bucks on and get it brand new. Also with all the ammo shortage stuff people want common cartridges they can buy off the shelf.... .243, .270, .308

I buy Remington 700s or lever guns in .243 or 30-30 all day long for the right price. Most of them have junk scopes. The people always want 50 or 100 for the scope. Naw, you can take it off and keep it. Every so often I throw a pile of Bushnells or Simmons in the trash. Rather just have open sights. Ill mount a Leupold when the money becomes available. Leupold is one of the few scopes that some what holds its value and adds value to the guy. Its well known and if it is messed up, even if you buy it used, send it in and they will fix it no questions asked. Not saying its the best, but the used market will to pay for a gun with a leupold scope. You and I can put identical guns for sale, you can have a $1000 bushnell and I can have a $500 leupold, same price, and the gun with the leopold will sell first, every time.

I don't have a 7mmSTW and a Remington 700 is easy to get to shoot spot on.
A 243 is a squirrel gun. But it's a really good whitetail caliber also.

Its a hog slayer also. ;-) I've dropped more big hogs with a .243 than any other gun with the exception of my model 94 30-30.

I'm going to hunt at Hebronville this year with my 30-30... just cause. :) I want to kill a big hog or good deer and put the black and white filter to it... get it framed. :cowboy:

Latest posts