What's this look like...besides that!

Help Support CattleToday:

Susie David

Reaction score
cattlepictures156.jpg

Ringworm...?

Ain't no vet, but seen it enuff........bet dollars to donuts.............it's THE WORM! a bit of scraping, some bleach, iodine, or some other expensive concoction should help to eliminate it.........plus lots of ol' mother nature's sun shine.

Just make dang skippy sure you don't carry the scrapings along with you... or you too will be wearing the worm in a few days as well. Clean your exposed skin parts very well after you get finished treating it. The WORM (actually a fungus amonguss) is very,very contagious. :cboy:

few years back we had a few heifers that had ring worms, I asked and asked vets, feedstore personel, etc what to treat em with....got answers like 50/50 bleach water treatments for 7 consecutive days or iodine scrub for the same length of time, givin a cow a bath in the stuff for 7 days in a row is alot of aggrivation, I asked the pharmacist at my local drug store about ring worm, he told me..well it's a fungus in the same family with athletes foot. so the spray ya buy will take care of it. so I went to the shelf, and bought the "store brand" about 6 cans, I wanted to make sure I had enuff to go around to any and all heifers that had it. Ran them thru the chute and sprayed each spot I found, only used one can and part of another and treated one time. Ring worms gone and new hair grew back in less than a week. Woo hooo...can of spray only cost 1.97 cheapest fix for cows that I've come across so far.
Although I did get a really strange look from the woman at the register....but oh well..hehe

Lilly...I've heard this before but haven't used it...time to try it out....
Beefy....should have extended the photo...its the bull.
Thanks, all...will be spraying bull butt today...
DMc