What's the worst you've ever stuck one?

Help Support CattleToday:

Margonme":g7jz3l9n said:
Have you ever had a Dozer sliding sideways down a slope? I was clearing trees, nothing big. Biggest was 6 inch diameter so was doing it while it was wet in the spring. I was pushing perpendicular to the slope. Piling the brush in a ravine that ran up and down the slope. The ground was muddy in one spot. I looked down at the ground and the tracks were moving forward but the dozer was going down slope sideways at a faster speed than it was going forward. The cleats were acting like runners.
The sideways kinda makes you pucker but when it stops sliding is the bad spot if its real steep. It will stop sliding and turn over. Done that a couple of times and seen it done a couple more. Uprooting a big pine tree and getting the root under the blade as the tree falls has the same ending.
Have been stuck in dozers several times so deep I had to crawl down to get in the seat. Worst was in a guys yard where he had an illegal septic tank. When the turds started coming to the top I knew I was in trouble. Took a 3 rear axle wrecker to pull it out and the front of it was chained to a tree.

Dave, CB
We have an Allis HD6 and I flopped that onto it's side into a creek.. was pushing some brush and both tracks got on a piece of cottonwood and down she slid, then flopped.
I had to do some creative engineering to get that thing righted with the tools I had.. I had enough chain and cable, and I had a JD350B, which is about 1/3rd the weight of the Allis, so I had to block and tackle it up to a stout tree, and I was only able to run the JD about 15 feet, so there was a LOT of re-rigging involved, and trying to hold it in one place while I re-rigged. After a couple hours I got it back up, fired it up and checked the fluids and went back to work.

I also had our Ford County stuck pretty good once with the 9' blade on the back (which doesn't lift high).. I was leveling the hay shed area, and I wasn't aware there had been a water leak near the edge.. I hit that and it sank like a rock, right on the edge of a bank sufficient to flip it over.. I think I lugged a few railway ties over for that one and got it out, but it took a few hours too. Its sure hard to get that thing stuck, but once you've done it, you're in for some fun.

When I was a kid my dad worked on a blueberry farm in peat bog country.. they were laying hog fuel (cedar bark) over the swamp for road,.. so a dump truck got stuck, and another one trying to pull him out, and a tractor.. I think they finally got a TD21 dozer in to pull everyone out.

kenny thomas":s7icx8am said:
Margonme":s7icx8am said:
Have you ever had a Dozer sliding sideways down a slope? I was clearing trees, nothing big. Biggest was 6 inch diameter so was doing it while it was wet in the spring. I was pushing perpendicular to the slope. Piling the brush in a ravine that ran up and down the slope. The ground was muddy in one spot. I looked down at the ground and the tracks were moving forward but the dozer was going down slope sideways at a faster speed than it was going forward. The cleats were acting like runners.
The sideways kinda makes you pucker but when it stops sliding is the bad spot if its real steep. It will stop sliding and turn over. Done that a couple of times and seen it done a couple more. Uprooting a big pine tree and getting the root under the blade as the tree falls has the same ending.
Have been stuck in dozers several times so deep I had to crawl down to get in the seat. Worst was in a guys yard where he had an illegal septic tank. When the turds started coming to the top I knew I was in trouble. Took a 3 rear axle wrecker to pull it out and the front of it was chained to a tree.
:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Seems funny now but sure wasn't then. That same night I was running the dozer on a Wildfire here in VA and had already went through a guys Marijuana patch. Knew something was wrong when 5 gallon buckets started flying out the side of the blade. But it was nighttime so you don't always know what your seeing.

Caustic Burno":30ge1ygk said:
Had a D-6 flipped over on top of the roll cage in the front yard. That was the worst.

Dang CB! That has to be one heck of a ride.

Latest posts