Whats the weather like over there?

Help Support CattleToday:

Australian Cattleman

Reaction score
Tenterfield,New England Region NSW,Australia
Whats the weather like in the US,Canada and the UK?
Over here in Australia the weather is a little stable at the moment. It has become a little cooler again bearing in mind that is the last month of spring. Talking to a friend of mine last night in Victoria state about an hour north of Melbourne. He had his fire going,we haven't needed to revert to that though. We have had our heaters going on Boxing day 26th Dec before which is summer here. Went with a patient about 160 ks away (100 miles) today the country is green and lush for the first 100 klms and after that it is really drying out. Most of our state is looking fairly good but there are patches that aren't.

The high in my area will be 55 degrees, (12 c) and sunny. Nothing lush and green around this place, pastures are brown and dry. :roll: Have never seen it this bad before....

Have a great day....

Yesterday was 80 degrees, then the wind kicked up yesterday evenin and we had a cold front come in. was in the low 40s when I got up this mornin. We are just entering winter, but haven't had a freeze yet, so what grass we do have is green but its short. We need rain.

the coldfront hitt here yesterday.was in the 50s an wind blowing.in the 30s this morning.an we need the rain bad.so its still dry here.scott

The weather here turned nasty as of yesterday!! Winter has moved in. Got an inch or two of really wet slushy snow overnight. High today is expected to hit 24 degrees, but we have 35 to 40 mile an hour winds so our windchill is right about 0 degrees!!!!

- 29 degease celsius---with the wind chill this morning (-20 F) one foot of snow came in the last two days and Im only 1/2 way to being prepared for it-cattle are in for the winter now

Got our first dusting of snow this morning although the mountains around us are white...hope for a nice blanket before the temps really drop to protect the late seeded pasture.
Have the tank heaters out for a week or so now.
Nice to hear form you...Dmc

When I got to work yesterday morning it was 65, by the time I left it was 30 with a wind chill in the low twenties. I hate that kind of weather - you can't even get yourself prepared for it. Today it's in the 30's with a lot of North wind. It supposed to be in the upper 50's again by the weekend. We did finally get a little rain night before last. :lol:

I think it was 87 degrees for the high yesterday afternoon here in Houston before the cold front blew in and it was down to 36 degrees this morning (at the airport on the far north side of town). Pretty strong wind blowing most of the day. Most areas got about 1/2 " of much needed rain out of the cold front --- not much, but it's a start. Weather guessers are predicting a low of around 34 for tomorrow morning.

Hay Maker --- got your fireplace going and plenty of good sipping whiskey handy? Good sausage making weather for the next few days.

Never got above freezing today, yesterday was about 33 or so - no idea what the wind chill was, gale force winds off and on for the last week or so (75 mile/hr gusts on several days according to the radio - blew two semi's over between Cheyenne and the CO border a week ago). :(

Thanks for all the replies. I am very interested in everyones weather. Please ignore me if I whinge about the cold when it gets to 5 06c for a top temp for the day. When our usual winters day is 12 to 15c. At least our cattle can still graze on grass during the winter and not have to be sheltered or shedded.
Colin

high of 40 F here this week with lows in the mornings anywhere from 12 F to 32 F. snowed once here in the lower part and melted and hour later. snow in the high country though. ppl are starting to ski now.

Had to put the ear flaps down on my hat this morning...freezing fog. The girls are spending nights under trees and don't go under the loafing shed unless it's raining or snowing...go figure. Same bunch that think mud straw is a treat when the bunk is full of alfalfa. Dave Mc

Latest posts