whats the weather like at your place?

Help Support CattleToday:

Australian

Reaction score
Northern New England Region, Tenterfield NSW Austr
Well the weather at our place is very strange. its been warm and we are nearing the end of Winter. Tomorrow is supposed to be about 27 celcius. Thats almost a summer temp for us. Its getting a bit dry. Could do with a couple of inches of rain.Normally not the wettest time for us. Past two years we have had rain at this time (very unusual got spoilt) Our rain falls mostly from December to April (Summer/Autumn) This year we have a had 27 inches of rain so far. Our average is 35 inches.
Colin

Our weather is steamy. Afternoon showers are hitting us on a regular basis any hitting concrete or asphalt turns to steam/fog. Humidity is brutal. Temperature is only in the low 90's. Supposed to get in the 70's this weekend though. Normally, it starts drying this time of year.

Hot and humid, although I haven't had any rain in about three weeks now. It would be nice. I heard thunder and saw lightning this morning, so maybe... I have the windows open on the truck.

Hot and dry - but so humid it's like breathing thro a wet wool sock :( :help: 56 days (I think- maybe more) of over 100f with scattered raindrops-very scattered. Weatherman was saying the forcast is for 2 more months of this,then it's supposed to be cooler and wetter than normal! :D We'll see-sure sounds good.

Jogeephus":2azqz0ds said:
Our weather is steamy. Afternoon showers are hitting us on a regular basis any hitting concrete or asphalt turns to steam/fog. Humidity is brutal. Temperature is only in the low 90's. Supposed to get in the 70's this weekend though. Normally, it starts drying this time of year.
Same here one state to the west.

Jogeephus":1pp5yy8k said:

Just like being in a pressure cooker. It is brutal.

:mad:
:(
:frowns:
But :shock: it could be worse. :???:
All in all, if you were to delete the 20 prior months, it would just be typical August weather. :nod:

Hot and Dry! Dove weed is about 6"-8"s tall,leaves wilting. Mesquite trees arent even putting on much bean pods if any. Prickly pear is making reservations @ the closest motels. :help: The river quit flowing 2 months ago, 2 ponds dry, the well feed pond is about 15' diameter, down from 40' atleast. We are piping in county water to troughs for the cattle. Just jetted on old water well that has not been in use for atleast 25 yrs with good results, going to get that on line in a few weeks.

We've had a hot streak this week-80's! Today was a little cooler, got a little sprinkle and some thunderboomers a little while ago.

been in the 90s with rain everyother day and the humidity will smother ya but has cooled off high today was 78 and low humidity is supposed to be in low 50s for a low but start heating up on sunday and keep going up everyday but still low humidity
gonna lay down another 30-40 acres of hay tomorrow

We have had the wettest, coolest summer I can remember. I hate to even say this to you drought-stricken folks in Texas and elsewhere, but our grass never went dormant this year. We've got red and white clover out the wazoo; we usually have a patch of white clover here and there and no red clover.

Usually, the last half of July and first half of August are our "dog days" of summer, very hot and humid but no rain so everything burns up. Not this year. We're still mowing the freakin' lawn at least once a week. I planted seedling trees this spring and have only had to water them once. It is supposed to get down into the 50's tonight and be in the 70's tomorrow. Normal would be 70's at night and 90's in the daytime.

Rain almost every day. Not a 90 degree day in July or August. Mowed the yard Monday and it needs it again today. Will do it tomorrow. Clover everywhere just like spring. Not even tried to start cutting fall hay yet. Only have room for about 200 more rolls anyway in the barns so may turn the cows in on a lot of it later on.

The southern hemisphere is in its last month of winter (hopefully). We are still experiencing minus degs overnight and day temps on the chilly side.
Seems things will start warming up next week and soon we can celerbrate spring.

Here in London...England...Very warm and sunny, had a few drops of rain yesterday but not enough to wet the ground. supposed to be the same again today.

1982vett":31u9ypqy said:
All in all, if you were to delete the 20 prior months, it would just be typical August weather. :nod:

I agree, the memories of our drought are still fresh in my mind. Every time I get discouraged due to the weather I remind myself not to b!tch cause it could be worse. My wife's car got caught in a flash flood yesterday and soaked the interior. She was extremely upset especially when she saw I did not get upset just for said reason.(it could be worse)

Jogeephus":3ejtt6wb said:
1982vett":3ejtt6wb said:

I agree, the memories of our drought are still fresh in my mind. Every time I get discouraged due to the weather I remind myself not to b!tch cause it could be worse. My wife's car got caught in a flash flood yesterday and soaked the interior. She was extremely upset especially when she saw I did not get upset just for said reason.(it could be worse)
I take it she wasn't in it at the time?! You're right,it can allways be worse..Every time it flashfloods here,we lose 2 or 3 people. Glad she's ok-give her an extra hug from me,ok??

You are right, she wasn't in it at the time. We have been having something similar to hurricane feeder bands coming in and they will dump a pile of rain in one spot then two miles down the road it will be dry. Its like playing musical chairs only with equipment.

Has been really weird up here. Get a couple of really hot days then it either snowed or rained.
Need at least a week of 90 degree temps to cure the malt barley.

This has been about the wierdist summer I can remember....Been cool most the summer- very little rain in June which is our usual high rain month of the year- then rain in July and now it seems like monsoons in August....We've picked up over 3 inches in the last week with almost daily thunderstorms going thru- and so far this month have over 4 inchs ... (Our yearly average is 11.5 for the year)

I was just looking at the hayfields - and with all the moisture- and cool growing weather- we may even get some grass second cutting off the grass/alfalfa mix fields....
Thunderstorm went thru again this morning - not much moisture- only .05- but enough to stop harvesting...Lots of lightning and thunder.

One of the drawbacks of all this late rain is that altho I've sprayed around the outbuildings and corrals 2 and some places 3 times-- it seems like all the spray and sterilant has acted like fertilizer--and I have Kochia plants 2-3 feet high again...
Today is warming up--88 today on the way to a predicted 95-- and the next couple weeks are suppose to be hot and dry- which we need for harvesting...
If there will be any value left in the continual dropping wheat prices :shock: :???:
My son has been doing quite a bit of travelling in ND and says he's never seen such beautiful wheat fields in that country- altho they will be a couple weeks before they're ready since they got a late start with all the snow...That doesn't sound very optomistic for higher wheat prices tho...

Latest posts