What's the scoop on Deshazers' sale

Help Support CattleToday:

greenwillowhereford II":1e29o24g said:
How did the DeShazer sale go? Herefordsire, did you buy Mohican Mint? George did you buy Churchill Falcon?

No, I DID buy the 1/2 interest in DCC 20X Little Man J7 though. 1/2 interest in a deceased Keynote son and 250 units of semen for $375. Although he hasn't been used a lot, his EPD numbers look to have a lot of spread with a very good BW EPD for a Keynote son. I already have one daughter and she is a good cow- moderate framed, easy keeping. A couple of his daughters are Dams Of Distinction. I'm not sure how he's going to do, stacking him back on my 20X granddaughters, but I figured I couldn't get hurt much at that price. The certs needed, from the Little Man embryos that sold in the sale, should more than pay for it.

I hope farmwife got the Temple semen that she wanted. It went really cheap as well.

I also bought another group of semen to get the 3 straws of GK Explosion 412T that was in it. I'm going to use it in a couple of flushes at some point. In that group there was a 1/4 interest in a Eagle son along with 225 units of semen. DCC 504 Sealy 1021. He hasn't been used a lot, but his dam is a King Ten daughter, so I'm going to ask around about him and ask Tim about his dam. He might provide the KIng Ten influence I'm seeking at a low cost. The picture of him on the AHA website looks OK.

I bought one of their donor cows, an Achiever daughter (2001 model), and 3 bred/open heifers. Nothing special, I doubt I'll ever flush the cow, but I paid prices equal to or less than what some bred crossbred heifers that I have looked at have been priced. The Internet connection was really slow and I was locked out of possibly getting several more lots because of it, all selling for $1200 or less. Those auctioneers were a little fast on the draw. I lost the heifer that I really wanted because of the slow connection, an 8E daughter of the donor cow I bought.

I picked up 25 embryos, all 20X lines(mostly Molers, 8006s, GitRDones), at an average cost of less than $70 each.

I looked into the bull sale briefly yesterday and they were going pretty cheap.

There were some high prices, but a LOT of bargains! Tim bought a lot of the cows/recips back for his operation.

George

greenwillowhereford II":vhhsevun said:
How did the DeShazer sale go? Herefordsire, did you buy Mohican Mint? George did you buy Churchill Falcon?

Find my post on the "Everything Else Board". That should answer your question. :mrgreen:

No, George, we weren't able to go to the sale. After reading your post I wish I had. :?

Latest posts