What's the "Neetest" thing you've eaten this year?

Help Support CattleToday:

Kingfisher

Reaction score
Neck and neck are some Quail we cooked that I guess the bacon saved em cuz we cooked em so long hunting I thought they would be jerky...they turned out like filet minjon!
#2 is Cajun stuffing w shrimp,bacon and sausage and some sort of coon ax squash ,

For the first time in years....Real Kolaches in Caldwell Texas at the Kolache Fest. I ate them till I couldn't move.
(yes, 2 weeks later I had my heart bypass surgery--a minor and I am sure unrelated coincidence) :hide:

GB, tell me that you mean a real kolache is one filled with fruit. There was a big chech influence in the town I went to school in, we had a big festival with kolaches and all every year and they were a regular part of school lunches- the better part.

I love meat more than the average fellow, but meat in a roll is not a kolache! It's one of the more heated debates my south Texas wife and I have.

That little bakery in West, Tx does an alright job.

These ain't Kolaches:
l.jpg

These are Kolaches:
02a4630a6cfd5eebf146f33cca850e53.jpg

8924837f7df5fa4421ef12c78ae9b6f8.jpg

My favorite is apricot.

The Kolache Trail may run thru West, Texas, but it ends at the Kolache Capital of Texas, Caldwell Tx.
ls.jpg

Burleson County phone book reads like a page out of Bohemia and Czech Republic.

Official Kolache Capital of Texas

Kolaches...known here as Danish Pastries. Apricot are the best imo.
oops forgot to say Bratwurst sausages at Winter Wonderland London. :santa:

Does manurey water, hydro oil, or grease count as "neet"? Seems like always end up ingesting one of those through out the year.

I need to wash my hands more...

sim.-ang.king":2rntb31t said:
Does manurey water, hydro oil, or grease count as "neet"? Seems like always end up ingesting one of those through out the year.

I need to wash my hands more...
Yes your correct..that stuff would be neat. :)

Ate part of a deer heart a while back that had been sliced, salted and peppered and put on the grill til about medium rare. Was darn good....of course I was about 3 sheets in the wind too so no telling what it really was that I ate.

It wasn't this year, and I don't know how "neet" it was, but a few years ago on a Friday after work my boss said some of his relatives were visiting, and they were barbecuing, and I should stop by. So I did. He was raised in the Louisiana swamp, where you can get to town quicker by boat than car. Anyway, I sat around and visited with his kinfolks, and drank a few beers. One of them handed me a piece of meat off of the pit and said "See what you think about this." I tried it. The texture was a little bit odd, but it wasn't half bad. He asked if I knew what it was. I didn't. He happily informed me that it was nutria.

The most personally satisfying thing I ate this year was the roast of our 5yr old former herdsire that was so tender I could cut it with a fork.

My answer for this coming year will be the bottles product out of our new distillery.

greybeard":25va2y59 said:
These ain't Kolaches:
l.jpg

These are Kolaches:
02a4630a6cfd5eebf146f33cca850e53.jpg

8924837f7df5fa4421ef12c78ae9b6f8.jpg
j
My favorite is apricot.

The Kolache Trail may run thru West, Texas, but it ends at the Kolache Capital of Texas, Caldwell Tx.
ls.jpg

Burleson County phone book reads like a page out of Bohemia and Czech Republic.

Official Kolache Capital of Texas
GB Wish Mom was still around so I could show you the difference between a bread roll with a bit of jelly and an honest to goodness homemade German kolache. Just sayin.

1982vett":13dgoko9 said:
GB Wish Mom was still around so I could show you the difference between a bread roll with a bit of jelly and an honest to goodness homemade German kolache. Just sayin.
My oldest sister's husband's parents came straight over from Czechlosovakia--or the Czech Republic when they were pretty young, and settled in Crosby Texas. His mother made Kolaches the old way, from scratch with yeast dough. They were the real thing as far as I'm concerned. They all spoke Czech/Bohemian in the home and my B-i-l spoke English only at school or around us. B-I-L still calls himself a proud Texas Bohunk. Kreneck, Danek, Krulak, Skrabanek, Boem, Rucka, Kratky, and Prochazka are some of the names I remember from Crosby.
(I grew up in Highlands, about 8 miles from Crosby)