What's the deal with "Olivia"?

Help Support CattleToday:

Rustler9":2kdnj30q said:
Didn't they post a picture and her and her new calf a few weeks ago? I coud be wrong though.
Nah, that was somebody else's cow. Olivia aint bred yet.

Penelope i think is about a week off. Phaedra is more like two and Phoebe is getting big. but my digital camera battery is dead and the cows look like crap now so dont expect any photos from me. Lil Pajama (pronounced Padge-a-may) is doing great.

Beefy":3re4mdiz said:
Penelope i think is about a week off. Phaedra is more like two and Phoebe is getting big. but my digital camera battery is dead and the cows look like crap now so dont expect any photos from me. Lil Pajama (pronounced Padge-a-may) is doing great.

Do you always go down the alphabet naming your cattle?

no in real life i only have about 5 that i actually call by a name ever. Pet (sometimes Pet-unia), Brahmamama, Blue (the blue cow), Smokey, Curly, Flop, Peckerhead and Peanut. ok more than 5. alot of them are "named" a description, like "the checkered cow" or "the skunktail" or "the big teated cow", etc.

OK OK I admit - I name everyone and yes, I use the year/letter code on most.
This year Rochelle, Richelle, Rhubarb, Rowdy, Risky, Razzmatazz, etc. you get the picture. Rhubarb is red :shock: , Risky & Rowdy are twin heifers, and they are Macho heifers (Macho As U) so their names are Risky As U and Rowdy As U. Cute, yeah, you probably appreciate it like my husband.
Of course, mine are reg and need a name - well, I could name them 29R & 36R, etc. but that wouldn't be fun.
Sometimes I give my husband a choice of "this or that", so he picks a name, but I rarely let him come up with a name out of the "blue" - he just doesn't have a good sense of things like that :shock: :D

Last year was the "P' year so the second heifer was named P2nia. That's about as cutesy as I get.

dun

A few of mine have names like Martina, Fluffy, Precious, Crazy, Annie, Windy, Tic Tac and Rosebud, most of the rest go by their ear tag number and there are a couple that have not so nice names too. :lol:

the Mrs. pours over the baby name book almost as much as the ABS catalog before calving time. Just got into the purebreds but we use the letter year for naming also.

We let the grand kids name them when they hit the straw...have to give the letter/year guidelines...we didn't need balck barbie, red barbie, brown barbie...have Sadie, Sarah, Sam, and Schmedley still here and getting fat.

We use the letter year like this year we have Rosie, Rachel, Ramonica, Raylene. Those are their offical names. But same have what I call nicknames when the kids give them names.

I'll name the heifers but very rarely the steers. Helps you not to get attached them if they're only numbers. :lol:

Everything gets a tag number for identification purposes- and not necessarily because I need it. It's just so when Mom walks past the calves and thinks someone "looks sick" she can actually tell me which calf it is. As opposed to "well, he's black and white...". LOL.

i let my grandson name some, he is 2 1/2 i got "song,song", buzzy, barney, "dot,dot". calves i don't call by name. cows i use a name. bulls too....

Latest posts