whats the best selling weight

Help Support CattleToday:

Billdevaul

Reaction score
whats the best weight to sell at, and also where is the best place to sell beef cattle? packer vs. auction and where in ne texas is a good place to sell 2 to 4?

(IMHO)

- I like to make sure everything I sale at the local sale barn weighs at least 600 lbs. and is weaned.

- I agree with what was said earlier, if you have the grass keep 'em until there is no grass. You'll make the most money selling the heaviest calf possible.

I've been accused of having poor reading skills on this Q & A board before so let me ask this to clarify why would you sell 500 and 600 pound cattle to a packer? Maybe I read it wrong I thought the individual was asking which was better to sell to a packer or thru an auction. 500 to 600 pounds seems like a light kill weight to me. I'm confused

your not really wrong in your thinking.the question was whats the best selling weight.an he is asking about calves weight.wich is 400 to 600lbs.an butcher weight as you call it 1000 to 1200lbs.the 4 to 6s atr grazing or feedlot calves. it really just depends on the buyer.an where the buyer sends the calves.

Latest posts