What's something you've done, 99% of us haven't?

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave":20dyg4tl said:
I ate breakfast one morning with Barbra Mandrel. She was singing that day at the rodeo I was riding at. The only thing I remember about our discussion was that she had just come from the town I was going to next and she was going on that evening to the one I had ridden in the day before. She was delightful company to eat breakfast with.
I took a leak one day in the urinal next to the one Texas Governor Rick Perry was peeing in at the same time. :lol: :lol: :lol2: :lol2:

TexasBred":93yonlr7 said:
Dave":93yonlr7 said:
I ate breakfast one morning with Barbra Mandrel. She was singing that day at the rodeo I was riding at. The only thing I remember about our discussion was that she had just come from the town I was going to next and she was going on that evening to the one I had ridden in the day before. She was delightful company to eat breakfast with.
I took a leak one day in the urinal next to the one Texas Governor Rick Perry was peeing in at the same time. :lol: :lol: :lol2: :lol2:

Without a doubt I had more enjoyable company. And she actually came over and sat at my table with me. Rick would have just peed on your shoes.

Dave":1gc6ppsg said:
TexasBred":1gc6ppsg said:
Dave":1gc6ppsg said:

Without a doubt I had more enjoyable company. And she actually came over and sat at my table with me. Rick would have just peed on your shoes.
NO joke. :lol: :lol:

TexasBred":f279vfpn said:
Been wondering if I had ever done anything somewhat different and happened to remember that I went to Cuba in 1984 to shoot a fishing show for TV. Guy over in East Texas had a TV show (John Fox, The American Angler) . I and an attorney friend went with him, Nolan Cromwell, Larry Brooks and Jack Youngblood who were all playing football with the L.A. Rams at the time and spent a week catching some awesome bass. Had to fly to Cancun from the U.S. then catch a private plane to Havana. Had to fish out of some pretty primitive boats but it was worth it.
I caught more fish in the back side of Guantanamo Bay where the river flows in than I ever will anywhere else in the world combined. It ruined me for fishing for about 4 years.

greybeard":3kg95o0k said:
TexasBred":3kg95o0k said:
Been wondering if I had ever done anything somewhat different and happened to remember that I went to Cuba in 1984 to shoot a fishing show for TV. Guy over in East Texas had a TV show (John Fox, The American Angler) . I and an attorney friend went with him, Nolan Cromwell, Larry Brooks and Jack Youngblood who were all playing football with the L.A. Rams at the time and spent a week catching some awesome bass. Had to fly to Cancun from the U.S. then catch a private plane to Havana. Had to fish out of some pretty primitive boats but it was worth it.
I caught more fish in the back side of Guantanamo Bay where the river flows in than I ever will anywhere else in the world combined. It ruined me for fishing for about 4 years.
GB that's the way this was. They told us they didn't let the "natives" fish in them....you literally got exhausted taking fish off the line and everyone was wearing bandaids on their thumb from lipping those bass..We all shipped back one large fish for mounting (I'm talking 15 lbs. or more)........NONE made it back to the states for some reason.

TexasBred":2d0kutrk said:

Did they give you a slip of paper when you entered Cuba rather than stamping your passport?

Jogeephus":12zbqxmj said:
TexasBred":12zbqxmj said:

Did they give you a slip of paper when you entered Cuba rather than stamping your passport?
No passport shown. John Fox had an attache case full of papers but we didnt' have anything.

tater74":3uyknvbl said:
Was friends with the mother of John McEuen of Nitty Gritty Dirt Band fame. Had Easter dinner with him and his family. Played on the old Martin guitar they used to record Mr. Bojangles.
That is awesome tater! I've been saving up for a Martin for my daughter, I'd love to get her an n20 like Willies but I've still got saving to do!
Sadly, I could only think of one thing I've done that no one else on here has done (this is a tough crowd). Last summer I tapped into a live 12' diameter sewer line that was 20' deep. Core drilled a 15" hole while I was standing on top of it. It's a smell that I will never forget.

ohiosteve":2ztpyjx2 said:
tater74":2ztpyjx2 said:
Was friends with the mother of John McEuen of Nitty Gritty Dirt Band fame. Had Easter dinner with him and his family. Played on the old Martin guitar they used to record Mr. Bojangles.
That is awesome tater! I've been saving up for a Martin for my daughter, I'd love to get her an n20 like Willies but I've still got saving to do!
Sadly, I could only think of one thing I've done that no one else on here has done (this is a tough crowd). Last summer I tapped into a live 12' diameter sewer line that was 20' deep. Core drilled a 15" hole while I was standing on top of it. It's a smell that I will never forget.

Better you than me. I don't think anyone on here has built a furnace like yours. Heavy Duty

TexasBred":3q6b16g6 said:
Jogeephus":3q6b16g6 said:
TexasBred":3q6b16g6 said:

No passport shown. John Fox had an attache case full of papers but we didnt' have anything.

I didn't figure they'd stamp your passport - for your sake. Generally a slip of paper is given and this is your pass. Don't know how it is today with the changes.

True Grit Farms":26u863zy said:
Better you than me. I don't think anyone on here has built a furnace like yours. Heavy Duty
I never thought of that, I figured Jed or Nesikep or Backhoeboogie or M5 or Dieselbeef or Greybeard or any other of the hillbillies I forgot to mention had probably built their own woodburner. I'm almost positive that Skyhightree will be building one as soon as he's done with welding school.

ohiosteve":1f8fknuu said:
True Grit Farms":1f8fknuu said:
I never thought of that, I figured Jed or Nesikep or Backhoeboogie or M5 or Dieselbeef or Greybeard or any other of the hillbillies I forgot to mention had probably built their own woodburner. I'm almost positive that Skyhightree will be building one as soon as he's done with welding school.
I've built a lot of big heavy stuff but not a furnace.
I like think metal and high heat if that tells you how I build.
On a 250 wire welder I'm usually wide open on wire speed and almost all the way up on heat. And usilly wishing I had a bigger welder.
On a stick I'm usually pretty durn high in heat and moving fast. If it want burn a big rod quick it ain't a big enough welder for here.

I hunted for years as the only gal in elk camp, and I wasn't the camp byytch . . . that's nothin. I worked with/particpated in activities for a cancer kids camp in Idaho . . . that's nothin. Have smothered two different people that were on fire, but that was reaction . . . that's noth'n. Got rolled down a sand dune backwards with a 4-wheeler once, and enjoyed my Corvair driven sand railer during same time frame. Had more horse wrecks than I'd like to have had. Did quite a few trips ocean fishing in S. California and in Baja, and that was someth'n! Would like to do more of those out here. Shot my share of elk and deer, but that's what we do out here. I offered bone marrow for a local sick kid once, but turned out his mama was running a scam for money; that was truly noth'n. I don't take vacations -- not like REAL vacations. That would be something! I kinda like the quiet life.

SIMMGAL":28dncfww said:
I'm sure more people have done this than I'm aware of...when I was around 12 years old, I had a Holstein bottle steer that I trained to be ridden, cloth saddle and all. Started out with bags of mineral and got to the point that I'd throw a halter on him and off we'd go. Fewer temperament issues than any of the horses I've ever rode! :lol: :lol: :lol:
:) That's fantastic.Inspired me to share my animal achievement-Rescued an orphaned wild hog baby, & socialized him with my animals. He truly thought he was a horse, & ran with the herd.Horses & hogs are mortal enemies, but they accepted him too.He would actually sit for Twinkies!

jedstivers":34vnx77j said:
ohiosteve":34vnx77j said:
True Grit Farms":34vnx77j said:
On a 250 wire welder I'm usually wide open on wire speed and almost all the way up on heat. And usilly wishing I had a bigger welder.
On a stick I'm usually pretty durn high in heat and moving fast. If it want burn a big rod quick it ain't a big enough welder for here.
Weld like you live. You need one them new fangled models that burn the rod at both ends

Ouachita":s649w225 said:
jedstivers":s649w225 said:
ohiosteve":s649w225 said:
Weld like you live. You need one them new fangled models that burn the rod at both ends
Heck yeah.

ohiosteve":2nce3yct said:
True Grit Farms":2nce3yct said:

1. I'm far from being a hillbilly. No more than 6' difference in elevation anywhere on my place.
2. Don't need much of a furnace or heater here in E. Texas. It's a bad winter if we get more than 10 nights of below freezing weather.
3. I detest trees, and have gotten rid of as many as I possibly could and still have some shade for the cows. Most of the trees here are yellow pine, not hardwood.

Latest posts