What's something you've done, 99% of us haven't?

Help Support CattleToday:

After reading a recent news article, I was reminded of another.........
I physically held some of the cash D.B Cooper ransomed. The kid that found the bag of money in 1980 worked for me in 2003-2004.

greybeard":3rju3hl4 said:
ohiosteve":3rju3hl4 said:
True Grit Farms":3rju3hl4 said:
Better you than me. I don't think anyone on here has built a furnace like yours. Heavy Duty
I never thought of that, I figured Jed or Nesikep or Backhoeboogie or M5 or Dieselbeef or Greybeard or any other of the hillbillies I forgot to mention had probably built their own woodburner. I'm almost positive that Skyhightree will be building one as soon as he's done with welding school.

1. I'm far from being a hillbilly. No more than 6' difference in elevation anywhere on my place.
2. Don't need much of a furnace or heater here in E. Texas. It's a bad winter if we get more than 10 nights of below freezing weather.
3. I detest trees, and have gotten rid of as many as I possibly could and still have some shade for the cows. Most of the trees here are yellow pine, not hardwood.
Well it's flat here too. I really ain't a hillbilly either.

Ouachita":spuov0wa said:
I physically held some of the cash D.B Cooper ransomed. The kid that found the bag of money in 1980 worked for me in 2003-2004.
I have not held the money but that same guy last worked for me in 2012.

Had a former bartender murder his wife. He is doing life for it. Course, in Illinois murder is not that uncommon.

I've been to 1998' deep in a one man submarine. Got stuck there for almost 12 hrs. Couple of other deep water adventures but that was one of the most memorable. - background as a commercial diver in the offshore oil field.

Splash":1lq24245 said:
I've been to 1998' deep in a one man submarine. Got stuck there for almost 12 hrs. Couple of other deep water adventures but that was one of the most memorable. - background as a commercial diver in the offshore oil field.
I would have eased that sucker on down 3 more feet just for the heck of it...2001 ft.

hillbillyhammer":1p6sx5vt said:
Ouachita":1p6sx5vt said:
I've not participated much here on CT recently, and I don't care for the new forum format. Where are you located? We may know one another. Brian Ingram was the kids name. I normally wouldn't post a name without express permission, but his story is all over the WWW.
Shoot me a PM

Ouachita":3ug0x1ns said:
hillbillyhammer":3ug0x1ns said:
Ouachita":3ug0x1ns said:
I've not participated much here on CT recently, and I don't care for the new forum format. Where are you located? We may know one another. Brian Ingram was the kids name. I normally wouldn't post a name without express permission, but his story is all over the WWW.
Shoot me a PM
If your on mobile scroll down to bottom and click classic view

Splash":1hd3k1ke said:
I still haven't gotten over the trauma of reading this. :shock:
How did/do you handle the psychological stress of such an experience?

Did you have a good book to read down there? :lol:
(I know this remark was uncalled for but couldn't help myself.)

TexasBred":2jay9orc said:
Splash":2jay9orc said:
I would have eased that sucker on down 3 more feet just for the heck of it...2001 ft.

Lol. Would have to have dug a hole in the sea bed.

Ryder":2a86hj39 said:
Splash":2a86hj39 said:
I still haven't gotten over the trauma of reading this. :shock:
How did/do you handle the psychological stress of such an experience?

Did you have a good book to read down there? :lol:
(I know this remark was uncalled for but couldn't help myself.)

No real stress. Had life support ( O2 and Battery for CO2 scrubbers) for up to 2 days. Had communications with the surface so I knew help was on the way. Tried to catch a nap. Got pretty cold though.