Whats in Your Cookie Jar?

Help Support CattleToday:

angie1

Reaction score
Its that time of year again!! :clap: This weekend I will be making Christmas cookies with my people. We make frosted sugar cookies, molasses and spritz cookies and Russian tea cakes. Also dip pretzles and make turtles. I am wondering if anyone has a recipe for snickerdoodles?

What are your favorites?

angie":qcy37sz7 said:
Its that time of year again!! :clap: This weekend I will be making Christmas cookies with my people. We make frosted sugar cookies, molasses and spritz cookies and Russian tea cakes. Also dip pretzles and make turtles. I am wondering if anyone has a recipe for snickerdoodles?

What are your favorites?

Have your people contact my people okay?! :nod: Tell them to try to hold you to a temp of 350 to 375 this time. Sorry I can't come down to help, I'm going to be out checking how thick the ice on the lakes is. Either that or doing that careening down the slopes thingy. :D

But do send me a box of those goodies. :D

MistyMorning":3q4gm3bv said:
I'm going to be out checking how thick the ice on the lakes is.
Please tell me you are not going out on the lake yet.......
If that is the case maybe you can let me know how cold the water is. :help:
As far as careening down the hill, watch for frostbite. At your age circulation isn't quite as good as it used to be. :(

For sure I will send you a box of goodies! Have to save some for Santa, and maybe a couple to sweeten up the Grinch.

Angus Cowman":1a8y5kqu said:
my favorite cookie is NO-BAKE cookies with NOOOOOOOOOO PEANUT BUTTER
Recipe?????

Edit ~
ac now I see your recipe and I recognize it. You are right ~ they are good!!
I do like them with the peanut butter though.

angie":2bq7zscc said:
Angus Cowman":2bq7zscc said:
my favorite cookie is NO-BAKE cookies with NOOOOOOOOOO PEANUT BUTTER
Recipe?????

No Bake Cookies
2c sugar 2c oats
1/2c milk 1tsp vanilla
3tbsp cocoa
1 stick butter

Bring mil, sugar,cocoa and butter to a boil and boil for 3 minutes,take of heat stir in oats and vanilla
spoon cookies out on foil and let cool and enjoy

some people add 1/4cup peanut butter also but not in my house :lol:

angie":xyo1q44r said:
MistyMorning":xyo1q44r said:
I'm going to be out checking how thick the ice on the lakes is.
Please tell me you are not going out on the lake yet.......
If that is the case maybe you can let me know how cold the water is. :help:
As far as careening down the hill, watch for frostbite. At your age circulation isn't quite as good as it used to be. :(

Thanks for the concern :roll: As far as that age thing goes, this brisk weather of late has me feeling like a spring chicken. :shock:

For sure I will send you a box of goodies! Have to save some for Santa, and maybe a couple to sweeten up the Grinch.

Do you frost the cut outs? Please do, and make sure you use REAL butter this year. :D Oh and sprinkles :D

We have peanut butter balls right now. The wife and kids have been making candy for 2 days and will not stop for about 2 weeks.

I will be making shortbread cookies, eatmore bars (hubby's favorite) and butter tarts. The neighbors will get my famous caramilk cheesecake for their "thanks for being great friends and neighbors) Christmas gift ;it is expensive to make but worth it as they love it.

Love peanut butter cookies!

I make cut out cookies every year, am filthy and exhausted when I am done and no one really eats the. So I am not doing it this year.

Martha Washingtons anyone? My mother-in-law makes the best Martha Washingtons on earth! I can eat them till I weigh 400 pounds.

How do you get cut outs to look like the cookie cutter and not like cookies on steroids?

Lammie":3rnc60p8 said:
Love peanut butter cookies!

I make cut out cookies every year, am filthy and exhausted when I am done and no one really eats the. So I am not doing it this year.

Martha Washingtons anyone? My mother-in-law makes the best Martha Washingtons on earth. I can eat them till I weigh 400 pounds.

Hey wait a minute. :!: :!: My ex-wife made the best Martha Washingtons as well as Divinity in the world. Gosh I miss'em both..... (The candy). :lol2:

Sugar rush! :p

Martha Washington Candy

2 (1-pound) boxes powdered sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
2 cups flaked coconut
2 cups finely chopped pecans
1/2 block paraffin wax
1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
Combine powdered sugar, butter, sweetened condensed milk, coconut and pecans together, mixing well. Roll into 1-inch balls and place on a waxed paper lined baking sheet. Chill.
Melt chocolate chips and paraffin in double boiler. Using a wooden pick, dip candy balls into chocolate mixture and place on prepared baking sheet. Chill until chocolate is firm.
Makes about 4 dozen candies.

Cook's Note: Try toasting the coconut for additional crunch and scrumptious flavor!

1982vett":sz2xg07k said:
Sugar rush! :p

Martha Washington Candy

2 (1-pound) boxes powdered sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
2 cups flaked coconut
2 cups finely chopped pecans
1/2 block paraffin wax
1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
Combine powdered sugar, butter, sweetened condensed milk, coconut and pecans together, mixing well. Roll into 1-inch balls and place on a waxed paper lined baking sheet. Chill.
Melt chocolate chips and paraffin in double boiler. Using a wooden pick, dip candy balls into chocolate mixture and place on prepared baking sheet. Chill until chocolate is firm.
Makes about 4 dozen candies.

Cook's Note: Try toasting the coconut for additional crunch and scrumptious flavor!
Holy yummyness! They sound wonderful!!!! Gotta give this recipe to my daughter.... she is the family baker.

Lammie":mwzni5i0 said:
How do you get cut outs to look like the cookie cutter and not like cookies on steroids?
Got me ~ plenty of times I wonder "Is this a bell or a Christmas tree???"

I wonder who else eats the legs off Santa first.

My favorite decorations are red hots or smashed candy canes. Anyone else remember those tiny silver or gold sprinkles that looked lke BB's? I can't find them anymore.

Anyone else make the dipped pretzels?

I didn't know what a MW was either. Thank you for the recipe site CKC! :clap:

hd ~ what is this: "famous caramilk cheesecake"? You cannot drop the word "cheesecake" without sharing your recipe!! Lets hear it!

Latest posts