I googeled those Martha Washington cookies and got this:
INGREDIENTS

* 2 egg whites
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
* 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 1 cup pecan halves

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
2. Beat egg whites and salt until foamy; gradually add brown sugar and vanilla.
3. Continue beating until stiff peaks are formed. Fold in pecan halves.
4. Drop by teaspoon onto greased cookie sheet. Bake for 1 hour.

But the recipe posted above sure sounds better, chocolate makes everything better!

And angie, yes santa's legs and arms get bitten off first. Same with animal crackers....

Cheese cake,,very very easy to make..

1 1/2 cup chocolate baking crumbs. ( I use graham cracker crumbs as well both work)
3 tbsp melted butter (you can use margarine but why would you)
3 pkgs (250) cream cheese (philly is best)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
3 eggs
2 tsp vanilla ( use pure and I like to use vanilla from Mexico it has a unique flavor)

Heat oven to 300f
Combine crumbs and butter ,press firmly in a spring form pan ( I use a large lasagna glass pan)
In a lg bowl beat cream cheese until fluffy ,gradually add milk ,eggs and vanilla.
Poor mixture in baking dish.

Now for the caramilk ...Break caramilk bars and lay them gently on top of mixture ,use as much as you like/love chocolate..

Bake for one hour or until cake springs back when lightly touched (I use the toothpick test because I load mine with chocolate). Cool and then chill before serving.

I double the recipe ,it is really good. It is world famous because I gave the recipe to my aunt over seas and she made it for an oilmans banquet and was a hit :lol2: . I think it is just an old cheesecake recipe that I decided to add caramilk chocolate bars to, so you could use any chocolate bar that melts well and when cooled has a nice texture..

Angus Cowman":37v6j3vn said:
angie":37v6j3vn said:
Angus Cowman":37v6j3vn said:
my favorite cookie is NO-BAKE cookies with NOOOOOOOOOO PEANUT BUTTER
Recipe?????

No Bake Cookies
2c sugar 2c oats
1/2c milk 1tsp vanilla
3tbsp cocoa
1 stick butter

Bring mil, sugar,cocoa and butter to a boil and boil for 3 minutes,take of heat stir in oats and vanilla
spoon cookies out on foil and let cool and enjoy

some people add 1/4cup peanut butter also but not in my house :lol:

How much is a stick butter?

KNERSIE":1r0ux8c5 said:
Angus Cowman":1r0ux8c5 said:
No Bake Cookies
2c sugar 2c oats
1/2c milk 1tsp vanilla
3tbsp cocoa
1 stick butter

Bring mil, sugar,cocoa and butter to a boil and boil for 3 minutes,take of heat stir in oats and vanilla
spoon cookies out on foil and let cool and enjoy

some people add 1/4cup peanut butter also but not in my house :lol:

How much is a stick butter?

1/4 lb., 4 oz, or 1/2 cup

Here in the States, a pound of butter can come individually wrapped in 1/4 pound sticks

Beefy":2pveoe6h said:
my cookie jar has dog biscuits in it.

Mine is full of Rolaids.

From reading one of the other posts, I now know why Santa doesn't deliver presents to some folks. Someone bit his legs off. :help:

1982vett":3qex4r6q said:
Well I'll be-- didn't know their was a Martha Washington Cookie. Sounds good too.

MW's are really more like candy than a cookie. Very very rich. Probably has 1 or 2 calories in each. :lol:

TexasBred":1pino5mz said:
1982vett":1pino5mz said:
Well I'll be-- didn't know their was a Martha Washington Cookie. Sounds good too.

MW's are really more like candy than a cookie. Very very rich. Probably has 1 or 2 calories in each. :lol:

I noticed their was no flour, but they did get baked on a cookie sheet. :santa:

MIne has crumbs in it. Until I can convince my daughter to make more cookies.... :nod:

1982vett":ne8a3wnu said:
TexasBred":ne8a3wnu said:
1982vett":ne8a3wnu said:

I noticed their was no flour, but they did get baked on a cookie sheet. :santa:

Baked?? Actually my "x" made the little balls and refrigerated them...then dipped them into the melted chocolate.

Texas Bred, their are two recipes going on. One is for Martha Washington Candy and the other is for a Martha Washington Cookie. :? The candy gets refrigerated and dipped in chocolate. :santa:

My cookie jar has pocket change in it. When it gets full I go buy some cookies. :lol2:

1982vett":mye74vbq said:
Texas Bred, their are two recipes going on. One is for Martha Washington Candy and the other is for a Martha Washington Cookie. :? The candy gets refrigerated and dipped in chocolate. :santa:

Now you tell me....I was dreamin' of how good those MW candies were. ;-)

1982vett":149ifkku said:
Don't fret! Now you have 2 Martha's to dream about. :D

Vet..unfortunately it was my "X" that made those wonderful MW's. It might be worth taking the chance to drop by and "ask" for a bunch for Christmas. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

TexasBred":vy58owdu said:
1982vett":vy58owdu said:

I can just think of them and gain weight. I have never tried to make them myself. I might to give it a go. I know I can't match her's. Maybe if Steve supervises. She puts candied cherries in her's, too.

Oh Lord, I'm hungry.

Latest posts