Whats in the tank for this springs breeding?

Help Support CattleToday:

Till-Hill":30jwm6dw said:
redcowsrule33":30jwm6dw said:
Till-Hill":30jwm6dw said:
Red Simmentals: Kuntz Sheriff http://www.semexusa.com/beef/i?lang=en& ... ew2=794268
Angus cows: CONNEALY GUINNESS
Angus heifers: Jindra Acclaim
Red % Simmentals: Red Angus, RED SIX MILE GRAND SLAM 130Z
Have you heard anything about disposition on the Sheriff calves?
I have not. I can do some asking.

There are 3 Sherriff sons in the Premium Beef sale I hope to get to on Wednesday. Www.transconlivestock.com if you want to look at the catalog. He has been used heavy in Canada past few years.

Embryos out of
Executive order
Built right
Primo
Loaded up
Ironhide
Yahoo
Integrate
And maybe United

Breeding to
Executive order
Ironhide
Shear force
Upgrade
High stakes

cattleman99":76bd3vie said:
Till-Hill":76bd3vie said:
redcowsrule33":76bd3vie said:
Have you heard anything about disposition on the Sheriff calves?
I have not. I can do some asking.

There are 3 Sherriff sons in the Premium Beef sale I hope to get to on Wednesday. http://Www.transconlivestock.com if you want to look at the catalog. He has been used heavy in Canada past few years.

Doll Ranch has some nice sons on their sale too. I have been looking at him really hard but have been burned on disposition with some other Canadian bulls and wanted to hear about disposition before using him. Thanks!

I think we are going to give this guy a try: https://www.accelgen.com/catalog/beef-c ... n-kid-5051

Have been buying AI semen directly from breeders lately but we've been wanting to add some Hometown 10Y influence and really like the pedigree on his dam side which has About Time and Enhancer 2D. Probably one of the best cows we had was an Enhancer 2D daughter and About Time is a bull we wish we had used before his semen got so expensive. His dam's side of the pedigree has multiple Dams of Distinction including his dam who has weaned 4 calves with an average WW Ratio of 116.8. Her dam is also a DOD weaning 11 calves with a 110.5 WW ratio so really like to see that maternal production with some longevity too.

Still have some semen left in the tank on FTF Prime Product 226Z we'll use up as well as semen we kept in-herd interest on a Revolution 4R son S Rebel 4R 73Z that we bred who is out of a Logic daughter that just made Dam of Distinction. We usually only calve out about 20 cows a year and this year we had such good conception rate with our AI program our herd bulls hardly got any action it appears. Will only have 2 calves out of our senior herd sire who ran with the bigger group of cows and 3 out of a yearling bull we kept that will eventually replace him that got cleanup on heifers and couple of late calvers.

gizmom":1bdjw0kv said:
We breed for fall calves so already out of the tank into the cow:

Buford Pathfinder
Bruin Torque
SAV Reign
SAV Resource
SAV Abundance
Coleman EXT 61449
Bon View Emulation EXT 473
Coleman Charlo

Natural service sires:

Gizmo Recharge D13 324 3436 https://www.angus.org/Animal/EpdPedDtl. ... cFkw%3d%3d

Gizmo Recharge D26 811 3436 - https://www.angus.org/Animal/EpdPedDtl. ... 8Ajw%3d%3d a favorite of mine since birth. His dam and grand dam are both Pathfinder cows.

Gizmo Resource D45 2315 1441 - https://www.angus.org/Animal/EpdPedDtl. ... wt9A%3d%3d

Gizmo FA D53 1226 1339 - https://www.angus.org/Animal/EpdPedDtl. ... l6fA%3d%3d the dam ofthis young bullmade Pathfinder this year really nice young cow.

Gizm Rainmaker C37 7009 6169 - https://www.angus.org/Animal/EpdPedDtl. ... WHGg%3d%3d

Now I have to start planning for next breeding season which is one of my favorite task. All the different possibilities!

Gizmom
Do you have any Torque calves on the ground? If so what's your impression thus far?

Heifers all getting bred to Cole Creek Cedar Ridge

Haven't decided if we'll AI cows this year or not yet.
Tank inventory is:
SAV Net Worth
SAV Harvestor
SAV Pedigree
PAPA Durabull
Scotch Cap

Using our 3 bulls on cows. Heifers will be AI'd to either musgrave aviator or Mohnen Substantial.

frieghttrain":27h0d7zy said:
Purebred and fullblood Limousin
AHCC Westwind
FL Olympus Touch
Commercials, trying to use up whats in the tank.
WHS Limelight
NJW Durango(Hereford)
Romn Justice (Limousin) and maybe some Wle Uno Mas (Sim)
How much do you have left on Durango? It looks like SS stopped carrying him :(

ez14.":266har0n said:
frieghttrain":266har0n said:
AHCC Westwind
FL Olympus Touch
WHS Limelight
NJW Durango(Hereford)
I seen that. Only have 2 straws left I believe. I liked the calves out of him just had a daughter calve she looks pretty good nice udder as well.

frieghttrain":1mvp8g55 said:
ez14.":1mvp8g55 said:
frieghttrain":1mvp8g55 said:
AHCC Westwind
FL Olympus Touch
WHS Limelight
NJW Durango(Hereford)
I seen that. Only have 2 straws left I believe. I liked the calves out of him just had a daughter calve she looks pretty good nice udder as well.
how many Durango daughters do you have? Do you still have that bull?

I think me AI tech might still have a couple straws in the tank I might see if he will hold them for me but I'm not sure how long it will be tell I'd like to use him again because both my heifers are sired by him and if I've only got a few straws to use I don't want to use them on a cow

ez14.":qomnd26c said:
frieghttrain":qomnd26c said:
ez14.":qomnd26c said:
how many Durango daughters do you have? Do you still have that bull?

I think me AI tech might still have a couple straws in the tank I might see if he will hold them for me but I'm not sure how long it will be tell I'd like to use him again because both my heifers are sired by him and if I've only got a few straws to use I don't want to use them on a cow
Just the one all the rest were bull calves. Yep will probably use him as clean up on the commercials this year as his last year then I'm putting a fullblood on all the cows. I'd take a close look at Tested A250 looks like a pretty good herf

hornedfrogbbq":336tvh0z said:
Mill Bar Hickok - Heifers
Impression - Heifers
Broken Bow - cows
Fortress - cows
Traction - cows

I just picked up Broken Bow and Hickok. I was told that because he stopped producing for a bit, the demand may make him hard to come by, come spring. I had to grab Hickok today for my donor cow (letting her calve to him). So I just grabbed everything we'd need this next breeding season. I also grabbed an Aviator son to try out. With everything else still in tanks, we should have all our semen for spring. I feel like I'm winning at the moment.

I am going to synchronise as I have a job and need it to be convenient. Anyone else do that?

OzssieDave19":3065czjo said:
I am going to synchronise as I have a job and need it to be convenient. Anyone else do that?
I do because I setup an appointment for the AI tech to come out then he can get them all in one trip

Simmental

1. Cowboy Cut
2. Grandmaster
3. Shell Shocked
4. HPF Optimizer
5. Elevate
6. Lock N Load 1143Y
7. Eagle

Connealy centry 5739
Sav Renown
Chisum 6175 (for the 5 th year in a row, he is awesome)
Hickok on heifers
Sampling tg Roosevelt

For fall breeding, I will use what I have in tank:
AGRS SRG Two Step
Pays to Believe
Innocent Man
Executive Order
W/C Loaded Up
W/C Bankroll
W/C Relentless
TKCC Classified
New direction
Hammertime
REDS:
Mack AFG
Kappes Pendleton
GCF Mr Amigo

Haven't sat down & figured out who to what yet. I print out a spreadsheet with EPD's (cows/hfrs & bulls)

Latest posts