Whats in the tank for this springs breeding?

Help Support CattleToday:

Registered Cows
1. EXT
2. Right Time
3. OCC Big Time
4. SAV Regard
Registered Heifers
1. Confidence Plus
2. OCC Paxton
Commercial Cows a Limflex Bull
MAGS Cuddly Kept

Our registered herd was started within the last 10 years. It has been a crash course on pedigrees but I really enjoy searching for bulls that I feel will improve our herd. What bulls will you be using mncowboy?

I don't breed until September but I think I have it worked out.

EF Commando (2nd year)
Thomas Upriver
SAV Renown (3rd year)
Musgrave Apache is on short list for the heifers.

Ken

I just finished breeding. I used all Simmental and Simangus Sires:

Cowboy Cut
HPF OPTIMIZER
Elevate
Ironhide
Grandmaster
Broadway
Upgrade

Well, maybe you can help me decide. I have an open Ten X heifer out of a Sitz Upward cow.
My choices for her are Sandpoint Butkus, Connealy Confidence or Coleman Charlo.

I have a Sav Mustang cow with too much milk.
Charlo, Var Reserve or Ten X.

I will also be using Var Discovery

Heifers: SSC Shell Shocked
W/C Red Revolver

2 Donor Cows: HPF Tradecraft

Remaining Cows: LLSF Pays to Believe x SVF Steel Force Embryo
BMW Onset x PVF Insight Embryo

Wish I could find some confidence plus to use. I guess he has quit collecting?
I'm going to be using
Connealy v-eight
Connealy United
Var discovery
Var eldorado

Still undecided on what to use on heifers. Was going to use confidence plus. These are on my list
RR easy express
Connealy comrade
Fortress

Purebred and fullblood Limousin
AHCC Westwind
FL Olympus Touch
Commercials, trying to use up whats in the tank.
WHS Limelight
NJW Durango(Hereford)
Romn Justice (Limousin) and maybe some Wle Uno Mas (Sim)

midTN_Brangusman":2t2jvks8 said:
MC Boulder 889Z14
MC Game Changer 127Y42

Have you used boulder in the past? I like our GC son a lot he's almost two. I just bought two more GC heifers from Todd. I've also got one GC heifer that I'm getting AI'd to new vision right now.

Dsteim":36bumvyr said:
midTN_Brangusman":36bumvyr said:
MC Boulder 889Z14
MC Game Changer 127Y42

Have you used boulder in the past? I like our GC son a lot he's almost two. I just bought two more GC heifers from Todd. I've also got one GC heifer that I'm getting AI'd to new vision right now.

I have not but a just bought a bull last fall in the Blackwater sale. I think Boulder is a great sire, he progeny has already topped two sales this year. SVF and BWCC @ 50k each.

BWCC Boulder 192D13 (great performance and has 8 epd's in top 10%) Going to put him on some cows this spring.

I have some GC embryo calves due next month, they are out of a Summit Real Deal cow, looking forward to them!

Tbrake":mrotl2ap said:
Wish I could find some confidence plus to use. I guess he has quit collecting?
I'm going to be using
Connealy v-eight
Connealy United
Var discovery
Var eldorado

Still undecided on what to use on heifers. Was going to use confidence plus. These are on my list
RR easy express
Connealy comrade
Fortress

Genex rep told me Confidence Plus stopped producing. Our first calves of Confidence Plus just hit the ground a week ago and they have more bone and width than I expected for a +14 CED bull, but most of ours have not been short gestation, full term mostly. Very pleased so far with them. I was at Connealys sale when United and Comrade sold. Looked over the United bull and liked him very well but never have used him. Didn't look at Comrade. What are your thoughts on United and Comrade?

mncowboy":3ekf634z said:
I plan to use
Chisum 6175,
SAV Supercharger
4M sexed Bismarck
My neighbor has used Chisum and they grew very well but he wouldn't retain any. Used him as a terminal bull, his herd is all Ohlde based but Chisum crossed very well. Do you have any milking daughters? Udders?

frieghttrain":3ekf634z said:
AHCC Westwind
FL Olympus Touch
WHS Limelight
NJW Durango(Hereford)

Used Westwind on some registered angus cows to produce limflex and wanted to keep double homozygous and keep 50/50 blood. The oldest cows/bulls are 3 now and have been very pleased with the structure, feet, udders, and mothering. Do you reccomend any other purebred double homozygous limousin bulls? Would like to get another line started to cross together.

wzcattle":2eqh6q2s said:
frieghttrain":2eqh6q2s said:
AHCC Westwind
FL Olympus Touch
WHS Limelight
NJW Durango(Hereford)

Used Westwind on some registered angus cows to produce limflex and wanted to keep double homozygous and keep 50/50 blood. The oldest cows/bulls are 3 now and have been very pleased with the structure, feet, udders, and mothering. Do you reccomend any other purebred double homozygous limousin bulls? Would like to get another line started to cross together.
Well Runl Stetson is a darn good bull but not carried by major ai studs you can get him from Grassroots genetics. From major AI studs King Wulf from ABS is probably one of the best in the major studs. I do know Stetson has Cole Wulf Hunt in his pedigree as does Westwind, King Wulf would be my pick for you. Hope that helps, Joe

Acclaim. Resource. Renown Vision unanimous. And may fortress I have seen some calves of his I like

Latest posts