What's Happened to Basketball Uniforms?

Help Support CattleToday:

Jim62":jbkk7qiz said:
Don't even think about making any judgements or voicing any opinions in the USA of today. :shock:

Might hurt somebody's feelings and/or damage their self-esteem. :tiphat:

Did you ever wonder where all this hypersensitivity came from? And when? And most importantly, WHY?
Good questions. Maybe it came from potty training gone bad. :lol2:

MF135":1l72dkvj said:
Jim62":1l72dkvj said:
Don't even think about making any judgements or voicing any opinions in the USA of today. :shock:

Did you ever wonder where all this hypersensitivity came from? And when? And most importantly, WHY?

You can voice any opinion you want. You will just be deemed ignorant at worst; uninformed at best. Your lack of education is responsible for your cognitive drawback. Blame yourself, don't hate. :clap:

I never saw the word hate used anywhere in this thread.

TexasBred":28gcq32w said:
MF135":28gcq32w said:
Jim62":28gcq32w said:

You can voice any opinion you want. You will just be deemed ignorant at worst; uninformed at best. Your lack of education is responsible for your cognitive drawback. Blame yourself, don't hate. :clap:

I never saw the word hate used anywhere in this thread.

Ryder":28gcq32w said:
plumber_greg":28gcq32w said:
The fab five of the University of Michigan invented them and kids followed suit. When they went to the NBA, they took their look with them and it's stayed around ever since. gs
Were these five by any chance of a particular ethnic group?

The suggestive tone of this is trash.

It's not like it's required reading. If you don't approve of the content of the thread why not just vote with your fingers and stop reading it. Move on!

MF ...suggestive tone???? More suggestive would have been to say they were all attending the University of Michigan on scholarships provided by the United Negro College Fund. :tiphat:

MF--So, having or expressing an opinion makes you ignorant or uninformed? Now, that's an extremely interesting point of view. Don't think I've run into that problem before.... :shock:

I didn't realize I had a "cognitive drawback", but thanks for the diagnosis. :lol2:

So, explain. Blame myself for what, exactly? Don't hate what, exactly?

Hate to say it, dude, but I'm thinking that maybe you are trying to overthink things. Or, maybe your imagination is just running wild.

BTW- you're not a member of the U. S. House of Representatives, are you? From Texas? :banana:

Get a grip !! :tiphat:

TexasBred":igbloicl said:
MF ...suggestive tone???? More suggestive would have been to say they were all attending the University of Michigan on scholarships provided by the United Negro College Fund. :tiphat:

It's been said that the four that made it to the NBA took pay cuts when they signed pro contracts. :lol2:

VanC":3vbh9thl said:
TexasBred":3vbh9thl said:

It's been said that the four that made it to the NBA took pay cuts when they signed pro contracts. :lol2:

As I dislike MU, I don't doubt the truth in that.
Down here we say the same about the UK Wildcats.

I'll put in a plug for Jalen Rose (one of the fabs) who had a long workmanlike pro career and put a bunch of time and money into the communities where he played pro ball.

backhoeboogie":2ruwnks4 said:
Running Arrow Bill":2ruwnks4 said:
So what's with the "gang bangers" basketball "uniforms"... :dunce: :banana:

What's with the whole darn game? What happened to 1 &1/2 steps on a lay-up? What happened to dribbling with your hand on top of the ball? Heck, when I played, you didn't dare try to dribble behind your back or else it was considered "carrying".

The whole darn game isn't the same.

I could have dunked at 16 years old under today's rules. We had that 1 & 1/2 step rule back then.

Its why I don't watch the NBA today, there's no such thing as walking or charging in the NBA. I hope college basketball doesn't evolve to that degree. And yes, they do get away with too much walking as it is when going for a dunk. I might add many years back when the USA Olympic basketball team was playing Australia the language of the USA team was filthy especially from Charles Barkley who couldn't stand getting blocked out every time by a very fundamentally sound team. Being use to playing fudamentally and by the rules the Australians were automatically disadvantaged.