What's going to happen to Baylor's football program?

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
Seems to be a mess waiting to explode, I won't go into a bunch of details, easy enough to get online. 52 rapes by football players in, I believe a four year period, some gang rapes. Wonder why the shyt hasn't hit the fan yet. Briles seemed to try to cover up things more than stop the assaults. In your opinion what's the end penalties? If true it needs to be the death penalty IMO, I'm referring to the SMU type death penalty...

TennesseeTuxedo":28z3mgbj said:
For the sake of clarity here please note that nothing remotely close to sexual battery let alone rape had anything to do with SMU and the "death penalty".

No SMU had more to do with a Pontiac Trans Am, no sex scandal that I know of.

Alan":2nd95kvr said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2nd95kvr said:
For the sake of clarity here please note that nothing remotely close to sexual battery let alone rape had anything to do with SMU and the "death penalty".

No SMU had more to do with a Pontiac Trans Am, no sex scandal that I know of.

And cash, lots of cash, lol!

Deserving of the 'DP' or not, they'll penalize 'em however the other universities tells 'em to, which probably means the DP.
Briles, like Paterno, had to go, and I expect a further cleansing of the whole Baylor athletic staff if not a self imposed moratorium on any Baylor football program for a number of years.

Big 12 just penalized them 25% of their funds from them. That's a start. Anything they do won't be enough in my opinion. And Briles should be arrested, tried and convicted and all severance pay forfeited.

TexasBred":3mgnirul said:
Briles should be arrested, tried and convicted and all severance pay forfeited.

X2, also the 25% is a start but just a drop in the bucket IMO.

and it just keeps going and going...
Associate director of Baylor football fired for sending "inapprpriate text messages to a teenager". He lasted less than 30 days on the job. Hired Feb 15 2017.
:roll:

(a school official did say that the recipient was an adult under Texas law, so I assume she/he was 17-19 yrs old)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ear ... -messages/

greybeard":3ts6ukf0 said:
and it just keeps going and going...
Associate director of Baylor football fired for sending "inapprpriate text messages to a teenager". He lasted less than 30 days on the job. Hired Feb 15 2017.
:roll:

(a school official did say that the recipient was an adult under Texas law, so I assume she/he was 17-19 yrs old)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ear ... -messages/

That is the second coach to go since they hired the new staff. The first was the strength coach and he got fired for getting caught up in a hooker sting.