What's for Breakfast?

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie from the size of those cereal boxes nowadays 1 box is probably just one big bowl full.

Why not, I love red eye gravy also. Haven't had that in a while.

Okay, I'm hungry again. :D

Bullbuyer":2l8faz3q said:
What's a kolache? Do I drink it, eat it, rub it on my skin or should I avoid it since I don't know what it is?

A pig in a blanket, only it can come with different kind of meat.

Alice

Coffee If am I am lucky. During calving it's usually a bottle of water and then coffee a couple hours later.
I sure miss the days of youth when you could eat waffles or pancakes loaded with blueberry syrup with whipped cream and fruit on top with a side of sausage. Now I think of eating that and gain 10 pounds.
My favorite breakfast is eggs Benedict. Yumm. Haven't had that in at least 5 years.

Bullbuyer":zn4dx189 said:
Alice":zn4dx189 said:
Bullbuyer":zn4dx189 said:
What's a kolache? Do I drink it, eat it, rub it on my skin or should I avoid it since I don't know what it is?

A pig in a blanket, only it can come with different kind of meat.

Alice

Serious?! Never heard 'em called that.

The most common around here at the donut shops are sausage, jalepeno and cheese Kolaches, altho I have eaten them stuffed with real spicy hamburger meat. They're really quite good, yet the pig in a blanket premise is the same...

Alice

Spoon size shredded wheat with blueberries in the summer and oatmeal in the winter. Hard to beat oatmeal for staying with you.

Took my handfull of pills with cold water....usualy don't eat until later in the morning: then it was granola which I trade eggs for with one of our beef customers with some honey, traded eggs for that too. Store bought milk...Susie draws the line there. DMc

Weekdays it's Wheaties, Cheerios, or Rice Krispies.

Weekends it's scrambled eggs or an omelet with sausage or ham and toast. Sometimes pancakes.

Breakfast, hmm that varies. My husband likes his sweet cereals like corn pops or honey combs and fruit loops and the morning coffee. In the winter it's instant oatmea.
Me, I never used to eat breakfast untill i found out you can loose weight by eating breakfast. True!!! I like non sweet cereals or toast or fruit or cold pizza, left overs like pie. I get in trouble for eating pie for breakfast but it has your fruit, and your grain... :D or yougurt and granola mixed together. Variety is cool.

It's seem that quite a few folks do'nt eat in the morning. Give me your recipe. How can you work until noon with an empty stomac. Or maybe you dont work....

Why not":3f9k6sfl said:
Gate Opener":3f9k6sfl said:
Lammie from the size of those cereal boxes nowadays 1 box is probably just one big bowl full.

Why not, I love red eye gravy also. Haven't had that in a while.

Okay, I'm hungry again. :D

You ever cure your own hams gate opener? Best meat you will ever eat about 5 weeks to cure 7 months to age and lookout.

No I never have. My parents got me two pigs when I was around 10 or 12 years old. I raised them up and daddy built a smoke house so we could smoke that meat. Evidently we didn't do something right because the meat wasn't good. Smoke house got turned into a storage building. I don't really understand the process, how can meat cure or age that long without ruining?

We just always buy Cooks brand ham now. Yours sounds much better. :D

My dads would eat 2 fried eggs, fried potatos, at least 6 to 8 strips of bacon, a half of onion diced with the grease from the bacon poured on top and homemade bread toasted with no butter but plenty of blackberry jelly. He never weighed over 160. Too bad I never got those genes from him.

gendronf":144d02ew said:
It's seem that quite a few folks do'nt eat in the morning. Give me your recipe. How can you work until noon with an empty stomac. Or maybe you dont work....

naw i work. and while working i usually forget that im starving.

during school tho, we have a breakfast program and they serve cereal. your common kellog flavors. me and my friends usually go eat, so its not bad during school. and its a good time to try and get homework done. ;-)

but when i do eat, my absolute favorite breakfast is biscuits and gravy. :D

rkm":3t8ncvll said:
My dads would eat 2 fried eggs, fried potatos, at least 6 to 8 strips of bacon, a half of onion diced with the grease from the bacon poured on top and homemade bread toasted with no butter but plenty of blackberry jelly. He never weighed over 160. Too bad I never got those genes from him.

My husband just lost a friend (co worker) a couple of weeks ago.This guy could eat anything he was 6'2 and 190 lbs always. He used to joke about his tape worm named Herman...

USED TO

He died of a massive coronary 3 weeks ago.He was turning 49.

OK, he smoked like a chimney and did some other things that he probably shouldn't have but maybe food choices had something to do with it.

Lammie":3g5bqpfs said:
What's in YOUR breakfast?

Lots of coffee with cream and sugar. I don't do breakfast before 8 am at the earliest - I am not a morning person, and to me there is nothing more disgusting than food at 5, 6 or 7 in the morning. On the other hand, though, I can usually be found working at 8 or 9 pm, depending on the time of year.

No breakfast is easy. Coffee sitting and one running to the tractor. Once I start working I don't think about eating. When there is work to do, eating doesn't enter my thoughts.

I usually have to be stopped to come eat lunch. :cboy:

On a good day.. country ham, 2 eggs overhard, white gravy, hashbrowns, coffee, orange juice.
ON a bad day... oatmeal with raisins, or Cherrios.

I actually eat LESS when I'm out working on the farm or any physical labor. I want to eat more when I'm just sitting around. Most weekends I don't eat breakfast or lunch, just something late at night when we come in. I know - nopt a good idea but a lot of times it's just too hot to eat. If I eat when I'm real hot it makes me sick and I'm worthless for the rest of the day.

Latest posts