What's everyone reading?

Help Support CattleToday:

Attention, Attention Please...... this is a message from the Title One Teacher......would the following students please report to the Remedial Reading room for special tutoring.......Calman, Rookie and the nincompoop from FL.

Thank you :D

Catsup bottles, pill lables Pretty much anything with letters on it. Quilting themed books "Cozy Mysteries"
Have gotten hooked on alternative history by S.M. Stirling....Really an odd choice for me,but he's one of the few SiFi/Fantisy writers that knows the value of the sturrip,the horseshoe and the horsecollor .. (Yes,my spelling is erratic at best )

"Cajun Mariners: The Race for Big Oil" Very good book. And I actually work with some of the characters in the book.

MistyMorning":8whdf1fj said:
Attention, Attention Please...... this is a message from the Title One Teacher......would the following students please report to the Remedial Reading room for special tutoring.......Calman, Rookie and the nincompoop from FL.

Thank you :D

Ut oh boys, looks like the teacher is going to spank us. :nod:

Rookie":1hcqr85t said:
Ut oh boys, looks like the teacher is going to spank us.

Spankin I can take ;-) If I gotta learn somethin, though, I be done for!

Not to worry. You know how these modern day female teachers are right? ;-)

flaboy":2fc73bfu said:
Rookie":2fc73bfu said:
Ut oh boys, looks like the teacher is going to spank us.

Spankin I can take ;-) If I gotta learn somethin, though, I be done for!

Not to worry. You know how these modern day female teachers are right? ;-)

Oh yeah, I been hearin somethin about that. How silly a me ta worry!

Just read The One Minute Manager Meets The Monkey for my husband. I was trying to read Charlie Wilson's War but I keep having to stop to read and summarize another book for Steve's job! Other than that, I like my anthologies for poetry and short stories. I turn to them often. I have to be in the mood to read novels.

I was just reading Mother Theresa In My Own Words before I logged on. The kids are having computer time and they were being really nice. I can read a chapter here and there.

Last book that I read that I really enjoyed was Water For Elephants about a traveling circus. Also liked Range of Motion about a woman whose husband was in a coma for a long time. A good book I read recently was I know You Are Out There ~ was written by a guy who writes personal ads for a large city paper. That was funny and sad. Read Memoirs of a Giesha last summer ~ that was worth my time (is how I judge all things), awesome ending. Also read last summer Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand ~ cannot recommend it enough. Read Dean Koontz book this winter ~ that was very good, different from my usual. He is by far the most read by inmates if that means anything.

George Carlins book When Will Jesus Bring The Pork Chops? was too bitter and too much rant for me to enjoy, good thing it was a fast read. Kept thinking "There has got to be something in here I can use" But no. Life of Pi was one of the worst I have read in recent memory.

Favorite book is Gone With the Wind ~ but thought Scarlett sucked. Would like to read Rhett Butlers People but have not yet ~has anybody read it and what did you think?

As far as classic go, do not care for Of Mice and Men. Had great expectations for Great Expectations ~ what a HUGE waste of time that one was. Very much like To Kill a Mockingbird and Where the Red Fern Grows. The Thornbirds was a favorite.

My favorite author is LaVeryl Spencer. I have all her books in both hard copy and paperback. Am also big fan of CS Lewis ~ fiction and non.

Did not enjoy Mother Theresa book. I am not sure what I was looking for in that book, but it wasn't there. I like the Dalai Lamas book, but it is a lot, has to be read in peices.

Favorite books, hands down, are historical romance ~ brain candy.

OK ~ past time to feed the calves.....

Angie I can't believe you even got through "life of PI" hubby manage to read it all too but I couldn't even get through the first 50 pages ,boring...

The Dean Koontz makes sense, especially after trying to read "Insomnia" I was so disturbed by it that it was the last book of his I have read.

Misty you are too funny girl... :D

hillsdown":2fsl4yog said:
The Dean Koontz makes sense, especially after trying to read "Insomnia" I was so disturbed by it that it was the last book of his I have read.
Life of Pi was a trial ~ was one of those things you think is best seller so it has to get better (insert old rolling eyes smilie). I felt like burning it at the end.

Dean Koontz gave me bad dreams and have not been able to pick up another. Atlas Shrugged gave me bad dreams too. Is why I prefer historical romance. Is easy on my mind.

angie":37y08d0h said:
George Carlins book When Will Jesus Bring The Pork Chops? was too bitter and too much rant for me to enjoy, good thing it was a fast read. Kept thinking "There has got to be something in here I can use" But no.

Used to be a big Carlin fan. Saw him live a few years ago and it was just a long, boring political rant. Very disappointing.

I love to read. I generally stick to Christian non-fiction and Christian fiction although I also really love historical fiction. I also actually enjoy Shakespeare.
As far as Christian fiction goes I like Randy Singer great legal thrillers - anyone who likes John Grisham should check them out. I also like Randy Alcorn - Deadline was a great book and the other two in the series were good too. When I need a good laugh there is no one like Rene Gutteridge - her Boo series makes me laugh out loud. Paul L. Maier is an incredible author of both fiction and non-fiction. His book Flames of Rome changed my Christian walk. His books a Skeleton in God's Closet and More than a Skeleton are deemed theological thrillers and I discovered that is my favourite genre, too bad they are the only books I know of that qualify. CS Lewis is another I like for both.
For non-fiction I like Chuck Swindoll, Max Lucado and a few others.
Historical Fiction - I love Edward Rutherford, I also like Margaret Campbell Barnes (hard to find her stuff though) and Sandra Gulland.
I also love Agatha Christie. I enjoy a good mystery but no one matches up to Agatha. Most of the modern "mysteries" you know who the bad guy is (how is that a mystery????)and they are filled with sex and violence rather than a clever plot and good writing.
I just spent a few hours reading and read The Grand Scheme by Kathy Herman, it's a Christian fiction book and by no means great literature but it was an enjoyable way to pass a couple of hours. Right now I am trying to decide if I feel like fiction or non-fiction. If it is fiction I'll read Steal Away Home that I got from the library. If non-fiction then I will tackle "Christians, Muslims and Islamic Rage...What is going on and why it happened" by Christopher Catherwood.

VanC":37502uot said:
angie":37502uot said:
George Carlins book When Will Jesus Bring The Pork Chops? was too bitter and too much rant for me to enjoy, good thing it was a fast read. Kept thinking "There has got to be something in here I can use" But no.

Used to be a big Carlin fan. Saw him live a few years ago and it was just a long, boring political rant. Very disappointing.

Carlin hasn't been funny since he was the Hippy-Dippy Weatherman. All those clouds rolling in, I suppose.

I read Mary Higgins Clark new novel"where are you now", really good, all her books are good.

I also like True crime, Ann Rule's books, and many more authors, too numerous too mention.

GMN