What's everyone reading?

Help Support CattleToday:

MistyMorning

Reaction score
I just finished 1776 by David McCullough. Pretty darned good read, he won the Pulitzer Prize for it. I'm a pretty voracious reader, like fiction, non-fiction, the local rags, the Mpls Star and Trib. and of course I wait at the end of the driveway for the local shopper every week! :nod:

What does everyone else like to read or what are some of your favorite books? :D

I have to say my latest readings have been medical journals and cattle mags etc.. However I am mark for Patricia Cornwell really like her books ,call me strange all the gore and such but I have always been interested in forensics actually was thinking of pursuing it after college/Uni.

Ken Follett, read most of his books ,became a huge fan 15 years ago.

Clive Cussler..Too many to mention..

I have a really nice collection of mint condition autographed first edition hard copy books from all my favorite authors. All my family knows that I collect them so I am always getting them and everyone in my family is an avid reader so they make great gifts and then once they have read them I get them back for my collection. ;-)

And of course the "a little risque books" by Lawrence Saunders, Sydney Sheldon, and Harold Robbins..... :p

Like I said too many to mention .....

Forgot everything by James Harriot....... :)

I just finished reading an signed copy of Flying Without Wings by Sallie Guy. Its about her husband's experiences in WWII Pacific theatre. Good read.

Now reading Physics of the Impossible by Micho Kaku. Very interesting and will make you think.

I keep about 4 or 5 books going at a time. I think I'm an ADD reader, much to the chagrin of my wife who puts up with all the books laying next to my side of the bed.

Right now, "How Ronald Reagan Changed My Life" by Peter Robinson. He's the speechwriter who wrote the "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall" speech. Fascinating reading. My in-laws gave it to me for my birthday.

I just finished "Riding for the Brand, 150 Years of Cowden Ranching" by Michael Petit. Great book. I highly recommend it as well. Stumbled on it in the Regional Interest section of a bookstore. Glad I did.

Don't read as much as I used to, but still probably more than most. In fiction used to read a lot of Stephen King but got away from that. I love Tom Clancy and have probably read just about everything he's written. John Grisham, Robert Ludlum and Ken Follett are some of my favorites, too.

Non-fiction I love history, usually American history or the Roman Empire. I like reading about the American revolution, the Civil War and both World Wars. Not just the military strategy but the politics that were involved, too. I like reading about politics and sports, too. George Will is one of my favorites, whether it's on politics or baseball.

Going with the history theme, I like biograhies and autobiograhies, usually about famous political or military leaders.

And, of course, I like reading about cattle. ;-)

I'm a voracious reader. I love books on American history, westerns, and murder mysteries. I'm reading two at the moment. Here at the house I'm reading Benjamin Franklin An American Life by Walter Isaacson and in the lunch bucket is a murder mystery by Joann Fluke I believe. Can't wait the finish the one on Ben so I can get started on one on John Adams. Only 99 pages to go. :D

spoon":1q5caq0w said:
Can't wait the finish the one on Ben so I can get started on one on John Adams. Only 99 pages to go. :D

If you're talking about the one by David McCullough you won't be disappointed.

VanC":aw0687yv said:
spoon":aw0687yv said:
Can't wait the finish the one on Ben so I can get started on one on John Adams. Only 99 pages to go. :D

Actually I haven't decided which one I'm going to read. I have just become intrigued by him from his interactions with Benjamin Franklin in the book I'm reading so I thought I'd read one on him next. I'll be sure and look for the one you mentioned. Is it titled 1776?

spoon":3cttx7y8 said:
VanC":3cttx7y8 said:
spoon":3cttx7y8 said:

Actually I haven't decided which one I'm going to read. I have just become intrigued by him from his interactions with Benjamin Franklin in the book I'm reading so I thought I'd read one on him next. I'll be sure and look for the one you mentioned. Is it titled 1776?

Not 1776 Spoon. He has one titled John Adams released in 2001 or thereabouts. I'm going to read it too, maybe we can compare notes! :D

Just finished "Ecology of a Cracker Childhood" by Janisse Ray. Now reading a book called "Trout Fishing in Georgia". I forget the author.

Current Novel; Playing for Pizza by John Grisham, just finished A Hunter's Road; Fergus

Prescision Shooting Magazine, Handloader, Shooting Times, Varmint Hunter

The Gelbvieh Journal

Currently reading , at least trying to get time to finish,
The "Monk Who Sold His Ferrari" by Robin Sharma
"Deep Survival" by Laurence Gonzales
"The Eye of the I" by David R. Hawkins, MD, PhD

Trying to get back to "The Starchild Skull" by Lloyd Pye. I know the author and he has asked me to critique the book.

"The Man Behind the Mask" by Antionette Girgenti Lane. I started the book, but got distracted. :oops: I also know this author and she sort of wants me to write a review for Amazon. Please don't tell her I got sidetracked. :secret:

I am currently reading "R is for Ricochet" in the alphabet series. I like murder mysteries and lawyer/trial books and historical novels. I also listen to books on tape while I drive.

Traffic signs and the mixing labels on the herbicide jugs. I expand my horizons every now and then and read a bumper sticker.

bleak house by dickens. sort of like watching paint dry, but when asked what i think i try to seem smart and say 'why,its a classic." :roll:

I'll read most anything that is in front of me. Currently reading Progressive Farmer and a few magazines. Time to get a few more good books.

I read the Western Livestock Journal, MT Outdoors, few farm magazines they keep sending me.

I'm a History nut. Don't often read fiction. Just finished a book "The Milwaukee Road, First 100 Years". And
"Undaunted Courage" and "Nothing Like it in the World" Very good stuff!

Just started "Peter the Great"....his life and world......hardly ever read fiction but love history. Last book before this one was Irenaeus "Against Heresies".

Latest posts