Whats ease and peace of mind worth?

Help Support CattleToday:

spinandslide

Reaction score
Approx $600..in my mind.. :)

Finally broke down this past weekend and decided 4 bovines was "enough" to warrant buying one of those purty blue headgates. Best $600 I ever spent..vaccinations were a breeze with it..gone are the days of rednecking it by squeezing the cow up between panels..

I know many with tsk tsk about not having "proper" equipment before getting my cows..but honestly, while it was abit harder..the panels worked..the headgate just makes it oodles easier.. ;-)

Vaccinations and new eartags Saturday, Sunday AM they loaded up and went on their 2 month excursion with the Brangus bull that I am breeding them too..

It was a GOOD weekend..

priceless, isn't it...

...so is a calf table, why in the world did we wait so long to get one? I have no clue... sure like it now.

What is ease and peace of mind worth?

It is worth your health.

You can ignore advice from everyone else. You can not ignore your own body.

In my case an infected sebaceous cyst that needed surgery and was 2 and 1/2 cm deep on the top of my back. Later for because of something else bedridden over Christmas as if I did anything even sit in a chair to watch TV I just coughed and coughed and coughed.

I have heard of other people who have gotten shingles or started losing their hair.

alacattleman":1ultv9v7 said:
im a tight wadd i gave a hundred dollars for a good used one

Are they $600 new? I just bought a used one too for $200. I have a squeeze chute but bought this when I saw it - figure I'll find a place for it.

spinandslide":1gt2n02o said:

Finally broke down this past weekend and decided 4 bovines was "enough" to warrant buying one of those purty blue headgates. Best $600 I ever spent..vaccinations were a breeze with it..gone are the days of rednecking it by squeezing the cow up between panels..

I know many with tsk tsk about not having "proper" equipment before getting my cows..but honestly, while it was abit harder..the panels worked..the headgate just makes it oodles easier.. ;-)

Vaccinations and new eartags Saturday, Sunday AM they loaded up and went on their 2 month excursion with the Brangus bull that I am breeding them too..

It was a GOOD weekend..
A headgate is a great piece of equip....now make a mental note....catch their head only when absolutely necessary. I use it more as "stop" than anything..run them up to the headgate...put a post thru behind them and then work on them....breed, palpate, give shots etc....abotu the only time I actually catch their head is if I plan to do something to the head which usually only means ear tagging...I do use it when we brand tho.

TexasBred":3t0wqbrd said:
spinandslide":3t0wqbrd said:

It was a GOOD weekend..
A headgate is a great piece of equip....now make a mental note....catch their head only when absolutely necessary. I use it more as "stop" than anything..run them up to the headgate...put a post thru behind them and then work on them....breed, palpate, give shots etc....abotu the only time I actually catch their head is if I plan to do something to the head which usually only means ear tagging...I do use it when we brand tho.
i do the same the majority of the time on my momas,,, calves get caught.. bulls to if i have help, some one too keep pressure on the handle..dont want to risk him popping out with the huge neck :cowboy:

see how easy things was with that shiney blue head gate.i have yet to use my squeeze chute.but its out there when i need it.

thanks for the mental note..:)..we re tagged them, since they are going to someone else's property to be bred and vaccinated them..the big momma cows been run through head gates alot, you can tell..took her abit to step up and put her head through. She HATES shots with a passion...

Oh and the price may have to do with the fact I bought new and its also a prefiert.. ;-) ..just like green paint on a tractor, blue paint on cattle handling equipment usually means high dollar.

Latest posts