Whats a?

Help Support CattleToday:

I've concluded the only sure thing is to turn it off an unplug it. Crooks and hackers get into the most secure systems there are - even in all the government firewall systems.

I was recommended McAfee by someone whose opinion I respect. I paid $38 for a one year subscription and downloaded it yesterday.

Last week I didn't have it, and paid $175 to get the virus cleaned off.

AVG - not just the free downloadable one.. But the one that costs $69 for two year subscription ( on in the ball park)

mitch2":1annhdzx said:
AVG - not just the free downloadable one.. But the one that costs $69 for two year subscription ( on in the ball park)

I have AVG on one and McAfee on the other. Have never had a virus hit me. They both are set to automatically run everynight at 12:01 AM.

IMHO, Norton 360. I use the premiere edition. Regular or premiere, it gives you 3 licences to use on different computers. Most don't like Norton. I didn't, a decade ago...but it has come a long way and is faster, more efficient and simpler than earlier Norton anti-virus. Never used McAfee, and was never happy with AVG. :cowboy:

Using Avira here the free version although they have a paid one. Also use SpywareBlaster, Spybot and run a cleanup program regularly.

I use the free version of Avast. Seems to do a good job.

Norton failed me (badly) last year after many years of service so I switched to Windows Live One Care.

Norton is a resource power hog plain and simple and not alot of bang for the buck.
McAffee is a pain in the butt.
Zone alarm is not bad
Avg free is good
Eset's Nod 32 is very good. Light foot print on the computer and inexpensive. Regular daily updates, smaller files so that even dial up downloads fast.
i have tried all these programs
i would rate
Eset top
Avg free second

When i had AVG free, i would often use online free scans to check the computer...just in case. The saying you get what you pay for! I liked trend micro, Panda, bit defender, eset.
The computer company we take the computer to to get tweeked uses and sells eset, out performs Norton, uses online scans from trend micro, eset, and avast to check computers.

Lastly, do not have more than one Antivirus software on the computer at once. Conflict occurs

oh yeah, I like a hard ware firewall from a router. I know that i need an actual software firewall, comando was recommended by the computer repair company. They have a free one. Right now i just used windows fire wall.

I use free AVG, the latest version, and have been really happy with it. Been using it for 3 years and all of the strange little problems that used to pop up are a thing of the past. Norton takes forever to download updates(neighbor has it on dial up and takes 2-3 days to update). AVF updates and scans at 2 am plus it checks every email coming in and blocks all of the possibly contaminated sites that reulsts from links/searches.

dun":2revnosk said:
I use free AVG, the latest version, and have been really happy with it. Been using it for 3 years and all of the strange little problems that used to pop up are a thing of the past. Norton takes forever to download updates(neighbor has it on dial up and takes 2-3 days to update). AVF updates and scans at 2 am plus it checks every email coming in and blocks all of the possibly contaminated sites that reulsts from links/searches.
How does one go about getting the free AVG??

CKC1586":oosi9s45 said:
dun":oosi9s45 said:
How does one go about getting the free AVG??

http://free.avg.com/

I've been using this for several years and it's good.

Thanks, I went there and I think I have it downloaded. Wanted me to do a free upgrade but then wanted me to buy from netflix or several others, so I stopped at that point, but I think it worked? Thanks again.

Latest posts