What you think about this bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Horrible picture to judge a bull by. But since you asked i don't like the way he sits on his pasterns. Otherwise he seems to be a pretty good bull.

What is he?

3waycross":3l3zgqhs said:
Horrible picture to judge a bull by. But since you asked i don't like the way he sits on his pasterns. Otherwise he seems to be a pretty good bull.

What is he?

Same bull 8 months later
He's been out on pasture, no feed and breeding 15 head

Re: Your opinion

Postby 3waycross » Fri May 17, 2013 8:24 pm

The pure unvarnished truth.....cut him!

.......and i take no peasure in saying that!

cross_7":1sjinzwn said:
3waycross":1sjinzwn said:

What is he?

Same bull 8 months later
He's been out on pasture, no feed and breeding 15 head

Re: Your opinion

Postby 3waycross » Fri May 17, 2013 8:24 pm

The pure unvarnished truth.....cut him!

.......and i take no peasure in saying that!

Didn't seem to help his structure much. You posted a picture that doesn't show much except for a glaring structural defect Cross. The fact that he looks better doesn't make him a better bull.

Put the same picture up as the first one and compare. He hasn't changed that much. Don't take someone being kind as an indication that somehow Oral Roberts sneaked in in the night and healed his flaws.

This was him back in May
I don't own him anymore, but I stopped to have a look at him last week just to check his progress
I admit he's not what I thought he'd grow into

cross_7":2zmm15ud said:
This was him back in May
I don't own him anymore, but I stopped to have a look at him last week just to check his progress

My concern is that if they aren't expressing the characteristics we want in an animal we would butcher at that age then why would we want to breed them to a cow.

I will commend you for one thing Cross you use beef bulls on your heifers and not those stinkin mexican rats that everyone thinks make such great heifer bulls.

Never meant to hurt your feelings then and still don't! :tiphat:

3waycross":iexajyfs said:
cross_7":iexajyfs said:
This was him back in May

My concern is that if they aren't expressing the characteristics we want in an animal we would butcher at that age then why would we want to breed them to a cow.

I will commend you for one thing Cross you use beef bulls on your heifers and not those stinkin mexican rats that everyone thinks make such great heifer bulls.

Never meant to hurt your feelings then and still don't! :tiphat:

Why he ll I aint going get upset because someone doesn't like my bull
I needed a bull for those heifers and he was a low bw, calving ease bull and he was close by and priced right
I did however think he had been underfed and under developed, but I figured he grown into better than he is.
They should be having calves from him real soon. I'd like to see how he worked out
I didn't use the half corriente bull cause I couldn't find one and my buddy that recommended that idea to me was using his so I couldn't borrow him :D