What X?

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
Heifer born 3rd Aug 2011, take a guess - what X is this? (please ignore any faults ;-) )
BTW - She does not have a hernia, it is just loose skin...
IMG00154-20111017-0842-1.jpg

IMG00153-20111017-0839.jpg

KNERSIE - You don't play fair ;-)

Here's the pic I posted of her when she was born, time sure flies
DSC00009-1.jpg

Well, I don't feel so bad. I guessed part Holstein (from the legginess) but would not have a clue about the other part. What's a Bonsmara? I know, I know, google it. I will. I imagine she has her mama's legs and her daddy's butt?

from the first photo I would have guess chinania X angus X holstein.

from the second photo we are obviously 1/2 hostein so the second have would have to be a well structured and well muscled beef breed and it could cover a lot of ground. the horn buds would pretty well leave out straight angus. the color would indicate an angus influenced continental breed.

Gale Seddon":1key47ar said:
Well, I don't feel so bad. I guessed part Holstein (from the legginess) but would not have a clue about the other part. What's a Bonsmara? I know, I know, google it. I will. I imagine she has her mama's legs and her daddy's butt?

That ain't no leggy holstein. I bet soem dairy graziers here would kill for a holstein with that kind of build.

Gale Seddon":2u040lpq said:
Here are some Canadian Bonsmara pictures; http://sangacattle.webs.com/apps/photos ... id=8986914

I don't had a pic of the sire to share with you unfortunately, he was only here for about 2 months and in that time he got so possessive over 'his' three girls that I decided to send him off before he injured someone :shock: . Thanks for your comments.

KNERSIE - You don't play fair ;-)

Sorry, i didn't mean to spoil your fun, to be honest I had completely forgotten that you used a Bonsmara bull on your cows and I almost outsmarted myself by saying boranxfriesian, thinking that the bonsmara part seemed too obvious.