What would you like to do that you have ever done?

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
When I was a kid, I remember seeing two movies that made a big impression on me. One was My Side of the Mountain. A little boy went out in the wilderness, and lived on his own for a while. The other was I believe called Alone in the Wilderness. Most have probably seen it, a guy retires and builds a cabin by hand up in Alaska. He lives there off the land for several years.

I actually have no interest in living like that for any extended period of time. I have actually day dreamed of living like that for a short period though. Some place I could go with a horse, and a pack mule. Maybe stay out a couple of weeks. I'll never do it, but I can dream.

I'd like to sail non stop around the world, maybe twice or even 3 times like Jon Sanders did. Love the peace and solitude of the open ocean especially the Southern Ocean with only yourself to blame if something goes wrong.

Ken

I would have been born and raised in East Africa in the 1940s. Been a Professional Hunter in East Africa. Kenya, Tanzania, etc.

I have always wanted to hike the Appalachian Trail... I have seen parts of it, and actually walked a couple of miles just to say that I've been on it. Like everything else though... it would be hard to find the time to take on such an adventure.

I would like to jump on a good dual sport motorcycle and see the world and ride until I can't ride no more.

mosko-moto-motorcycle-soft-bags-dualsport-offroad-luggage-soft-luggage-pannier-duffle-saddlebag-ktm-bmw-rackless-reckless-8-01-14-1.jpg

I would love to be able to spend time with my pop now that I'm smart enough to listen and learn. One of these days I'm driving to Alaska, and all the way to Prudhoe Bay. I have a standing offer to run a gill netter in Bristol Bay, so I'd plan to be there the end of June for salmon season. I'd like to make one big set and then turn the boat back to Skip.
The problem is my can do, can't keep up with my want to anymore.

Go to the mountains and bow hunt elk or any other game out of a base camp.
Another one would be to do a fly in fishing/hunting trip in Canada.
See a baseball game at Fenway Park and then go drive up the coast through Maine.

Maybe one of these days when my boys are older they will want to go with me.

I could probably do this one, but I know I never will----------When I retire, pull my LQ trailer to a warmer/drier climate for about 6 weeks in the winter. Leave right after new year, and come back mid February. I was so committed to this idea, about 11 years ago, I bought 9.5 acres near Odessa Texas. After owning it a year and half, I had not even found the time to go down, and even see it. I listed it with the same realtor I bought through, and it sold in about 2 weeks. I guess the dream died that day.

Dad died in "79, would like to sit down and just talk with him one more time.
One other is watch the execution of the SOB that kidnapped and murdered my favorite nephew.

Two things I have done but wish I could have had the opportunity to have done a whole lot more to maybe get to a high level.
Rodeo and Judo.

(As though my body wasn't stove up enough now ) :lol: :cry2:

I would like to go back in time and be incognito to my parents and make life easier for my parents. My father was a hardscrabble Farmer and rancher who never took a day off and knew nothing but hard work. He was the son of a share cropper who was put to work when he was able to walk. He died at 53 but was able to put together a small ranch which my family would not sell for any amount of money, it is now 11 of us living on the ranch he put together. :cboy:

One of my passions is long range shooting and though I'm sure I'll never get the opportunity I would love to ride shotgun on a cargo ship cruising along the Somalian coast with hopes of being harassed by pirates. The wind, the range coupled with the waves would make for great sport I think. Probably illegal though.

In the late sixties I backpacked Europe. I would love to backpack Asia. My wife and I have spent several days with only what we could carry packing Yellowstone. I wish I was able to spend a month seeing a lot more of it. Old age is catching up on a lot of us. My son in law wants me to see every continent with them. I have seen several so maybe this will suffice.

Caustic Burno":1gkee0mw said:
I am pretty simple I would like to hunt behind a good quail dog go on a pheasant hunt are some things left on my bucket list
Those are both worth the price of admission. Watching a good bird dog work is a real joy. Wish I could still walk enough to be able to do it again.

I've touched a lot of venomous snakes but would love to feel a Gaboon viper. This could happen soon as I know a guy who messes with snakes.

I always wanted to ride in the PRCA and PBR was pretty good but injuries got me. Would love to own a bucking bull of the year.

Would love to be at least part owner of a horse in the Kentucky Derby. It would blow my mind to be owner of a triple crown winner.

Grow old enough to see my kids off to be well adjusted, responsible adults, making the decisions I've been praying they'd make since before they were born.

Grow old enough to see my kids have kids and to have priorities that reflect those they saw from my wife and I.

I will think about this and see if I can come up with anything else.

Jogeephus":tow0useb said:
One of my passions is long range shooting and though I'm sure I'll never get the opportunity I would love to ride shotgun on a cargo ship cruising along the Somalian coast with hopes of being harassed by pirates. The wind, the range coupled with the waves would make for great sport I think. Probably illegal though.

It pays handsomely I hear. And apparently not an easy gig to land. Husband of a lady I worked with made all but the last cut. He's a sharp shooter for a police department.

Latest posts